4CS suspension help!!!

I have 2014 300XC. Suspension is terrible. I ride cross country. mixture of moto track and single track.

Recently had sent to race tech guy, he did valving and used spring i supplied, (1 size heavier than my recommended size). 

Came back sooooo abrasive, it was un rideable in the rocks and roots. even firm on jumps. I put factory fork springs back in and turned rear shock out 4 turns.

It will now ride decently through single track but a decent double will result in bottoming that threaten to break wrists.

Ive spent $1200 so far and have never been so in happy. I don't mind spending more to have it fixed but i need some assurance it will be awesome. can't have $10k wrapped up in suspension to keep trying things!!!

please help!

8 minutes ago, Baker4484 said:

just looked that up, looks really good, price is steep!! any experience??

180hrs of riding in mine (routine maintenance of course) and leading a championship or two... When your done, you take them out and sell them for close to what you paid... Cheaper than a revalve... 

where can i buy? also do they come all set up? no screwing around. I've had full revalve and spent hours screwing with springs and oill levels and still hate my forks. 

also what about rear shock?? just set race sag and go? 

sorry for silly questions, I'm a novice rider that just know his suspicions is all wrong.

1 minute ago, Baker4484 said:

where can i buy? also do they come all set up? no screwing around. I've had full revalve and spent hours screwing with springs and oill levels and still hate my forks. 

also what about rear shock?? just set race sag and go? 

sorry for silly questions, I'm a novice rider that just know his suspicions is all wrong.

I think CSR is the distributor in the States... No, no screwing around. I literally bolted mine in and I'm good....

I'm surprised RaceTech couldn't get you dialed. What kinda feedback are you giving them? What does the 4cs do that you don't like? 

Monk. Race tech dealer takes your informations. plugs it into the computer and it spits out the spring rates and valving specs.

My bike came with .48kg/mm fork springs and 6.0kg/mm rear spring. I'm on the light side for those by like 5-10 lbs. 

so when i came back to him to start working out what i didn't like he had ideas but mostly just wanted to keep trying different things, at my cost of course.

im not sponsored or rich so this becomes a problem. I don't mind spending the money but i need some guarantees is all. 

Im an intermediate rider at best but i know when its not right just from comparisons on other bikes. RT set up was way to hard for single track, rocks and roots were extremely abrasive, front end wasn't planted at all. so i swapped stock fork spring back in, that fixed that ( or better at least). but caused really bad bottoming!! so i added 10mm of oil to each fork. helped but still bad. also i had to back my rear spring off 4 turns!!!! from correct race sag. 

At this point i just need to start over. basically hand the bike and all my collected suspension components over to someone awesome!! 

thats where you guys come in. because i can't do this a third time. 

The dalsaggio kit is very good, and allows for use of different spring lengths. I installed one a few weeks ago. Imo, its best bang for the buck. You remove when you sell bike, and could probably recoup money from it if you didn't get a bike to use the product. They are top shelf in terms of quality machining of components,  and tune easily if needed.

just got off the phone with the race tech "centre" at mission cycle in barrie. not a dealer but a centre. spoke to the owner/tech Todd. he assured me that mine wasn't done properly and there were some necessary "tricks" that need to be applied to 4cs to make them work correctly.

anyways. 20 min later my suspension is out and I'm headed to post office to ship when i finish this. 

i will let you know how it all fairs out. 

Thanks for taking the time to help me out. 

8 minutes ago, Baker4484 said:

just got off the phone with the race tech "centre" at mission cycle in barrie. not a dealer but a centre. spoke to the owner/tech Todd. he assured me that mine wasn't done properly and there were some necessary "tricks" that need to be applied to 4cs to make them work correctly.

anyways. 20 min later my suspension is out and I'm headed to post office to ship when i finish this. 

i will let you know how it all fairs out. 

Thanks for taking the time to help me out. 

Good luck. All Race Tech dealers are NOT of equal competence.

Over here in Australia, I sent mine to our local guy Suspension matters spent about $600aud on them the difference is night and day, had gold valves with his valving stack and also the conversion to make the like the conventional fork rebound top and compression bottom. They are probably the best fork I have ridden on. 

Not sure if you can talk to dave over here and ask him what he does to them or pay him for information on his setup so it can be replicated over there.