Having Trouble setting up my carb

I have a 2005 TTR125LE. I have had it since new and it has always been hard to start. It has very low easy miles as it's my wife's bike and she only rides it a few times a year. I decided to adjust the valves now they tick a bit but it seems like when I adjust my honda valves they do the same. So I assume that's ok. In an attempt to cure the hard starting I ran a .0225 drill bit in the hole were the choke plunger goes and it starts up good now but now it wont run well. It bogs at low idle, bogs at high rpm, smokes, and basically is not rideable. It starts right up though! I don't know were to go from here. I ride at 50-600 feet elavation. I opened up the air box, and have the needle in second slot, a 112.5 main and 17.5 pilot. the fuel screw is about 4 turns out and idle screw enough to keep it going. I have never checked the fuel level in the carb. Maybe I should try a new carb? After all these years I just want her bike to run well.

OK I'm starting over and just checked my compression. It read 210. Specifications are not shown in the service manual. BTW I have a Yamaha Service Manual not an aftermarket one. If anyone has a better manual with more specs let me know. I just purchased two new spark plugs and will try one out next. The old one was completely shiny black. I have leaned the main jet from 112.5 tp 107.5 I think I will also lean the pilot from 17.5 back to stock 15 as I'm out way to many turns on the pilot air screw.

Now it starts good and runs well no bog but not super smooth in 2nd and 3rd at cruising speeds. So my 15 pilot jet and 2.5 turns on the pilot air screw is perfect on idle and pegging the throttle has no hesitation. I'm not sure how to get it running smoother at higher rpm at cruise speed. Larger main jet or richer needle setting? 

Edited by Steve Ruddy