Twin Chamber Showa Damper Rods

Hello all,

I'm rebuilding an '02 Cr250 that I just bought. While changing fork oil/seals, I noticed the damper rods are both pitted. I am guessing this is why the rebound seemed quick (the cartridge seals are probably toast). Would there be somewhere I could get new rods? If so, does anyone know how much they run? Honda only sells the cartridge as a unit, if you can get it at all. 

Thanks!

Ring round local tuners ? Also eBay for old complete forks

you can't argue with stupid or Yamaha owners

Your bike has the small base valve pistons, so finding a used set from a newer model year will be an improvement. I believe the larger piston versions were fitted to '03 and newer Hondas, but I'm not positive of the year. Any CR/CRF after that year will bolt up. If you're planning woods/trail riding you might prefer X model forks over R for various reasons. There may be slight front axle offset differences for different years to research, or others here may be able to provide that specific info. Also, you can swap the later fork cartridges into your forks to maintain geometry, but I am not familiar with any specifics on this. Others may wish to chime in.

Good luck!

Thanks for the replies. I considered the eBay thing, but I'm kind of holding that as a last resort since I could just be buying the same issue. I will do that when/if I strike out on damper rods. The bummer is this bike likely has less than 20 hours, but it sat a lot and fluids weren't changed. Believe it or not, the engine had never seen a wrench, and neither had the suspension. Based on wear, even the piston was ok. It's just that as we all know, bikes do not like to sit. So I hate to toss the forks just for the rods. 

Of course if I win the lotto, I could just buy an A-kit setup...haha.