Pressure in Cooling System from cylinder gasket -Beta 300rr/2017

Oh ok, well then ignore everything I said lol!

So I think ,talked now with some guys and they say that is posible that I have the one you are saying ...[emoji4]))

There are 2 dif pieces :thermoswitch and thermostat .

In the diagrams from Beta the thermostat is in the place where my thermoswitch is ....confusing

Hmm, usually with a water cooled system there is a thermostat of some sort. If your getting pressure air is getting in from somewhere, could be a loose hose or something. I've read guys talking about Betas having loose hoses, something to check? Also check your water pump, it shouldn't be an issue since it's new but do look at it. Another thing I do when I change coolant on my bikes is bleed the air out by squeezing the lowest radiator hose and working my way up to all the hoses, this sucks coolant into the engine and also pushes bubbles out, you do this with the cap off.

From my what I know, I've seen that deleting the thermostat is NOT a good idea. There's a reason it's there, to allow coolant to cool in the radiator before it goes back to your engine. If you delete it your coolant will have maximum flow, which sounds good at first, but if you think about it, it's not. Your coolant will spend less time cooling in the radiator and be out back in the engine passages. It will get hot eventually, it's not a matter of if but when. If you think it's not working, just replace it. If you feel your bike is running too hot, or you don't like the temp it's set up at, you can get a cooler thermostat.

You have it backwards. A thermostat blocks coolant and allows your engine to get hotter faster. Then once the coolant is up to a certain temperature, the thermostat opens and lets the hot(ter) coolant circulate throughout the cooling system. Once your bike is up to temp the thermostat stays open and your cooling system moves fluid just as if there wasn't one there.
  • Like 1

Putting a radiator fan will replace the thermostat with a thermoswitch? I have a radiator fan so I guess it's only a thermoswitch .... Or a thermostat with thermoswitch for the fan ? pff that was hard .)))

You could still have both. They are meant for opposite things, and not related.

Thermostat: helps the engine get hotter at a quicker rate, and keeps it hot if severely cold outside.

Thermoswitch: helps keep the engine cool, by controlling the fan that turns on when the coolant gets too hot.
  • Like 1

You could still have both. They are meant for opposite things, and not related.

Thermostat: helps the engine get hotter at a quicker rate, and keeps it hot if severely cold outside.

Thermoswitch: helps keep the engine cool, by controlling the fan that turns on when the coolant gets too hot.

yeah i know ,but in beta diagrams the thermostat is in the place where the thermoswitch is now after fan mount .

Do the RR's all come with a fan? My RR Race Edition does not have one, but my wife's Xtrainer does.

On the wife's Xtrainer there's a brass thermoswitch mounted/threaded into the bottom of the right side radiator. She also has the thermostat right at the junction of all the coolant hoses. So her Xtrainer came with both, which makes sense, because as mentioned above, they are both for different things. So I would be quite surprised if they replaced one with the other.

Beta does sell an aftermarket fan through their site that uses a different inline thermoswitch though. Is that maybe what comes on the regular RR's (if they come with fans).

Do the RR's all come with a fan? My RR Race Edition does not have one, but my wife's Xtrainer does.

On the wife's Xtrainer there's a brass thermoswitch mounted/threaded into the bottom of the right side radiator. She also has the thermostat right at the junction of all the coolant hoses. So her Xtrainer came with both, which makes sense, because as mentioned above, they are both for different things. So I would be quite surprised if they replaced one with the other.

Beta does sell an aftermarket fan through their site that uses a different inline thermoswitch though. Is that maybe what comes on the regular RR's (if they come with fans).

Mine came factory without but the dealer mounted a radiator fan .It's akward because in the diagrams the thermostat appears at the T junction and fan is showed .Mounting a radiator fan instruction ,does not show the same T junction .

Mine came factory without but the dealer mounted a radiator fan .It's akward because in the diagrams the thermostat appears at the T junction and fan is showed .Mounting a radiator fan instruction ,does not show the same T junction .

As far as I can tell, the inline switch/sensor should be on the bottom coolant hose that links the 2 rads. It's just a straight section of hose, that the inline switch would just splice into. So whether you have that one, or the one like on the Xtrainer, neither one should replace or mess with your thermostat.