Crack or Casting Mark?

Hello all,  I just got a 2017 XR650L two weeks ago.  I went to do the first oil change, and I noticed this.  Not sure if it's a crack or just a casting mark.  Anyone else see this on their bikes?  It's right over the upper left bolt over the oil filter cover.

Thanks!

fullsizeoutput_4a4.jpeg

Its a casting mark, nothing to worry about, but if you havent yet buy a skid plate I just cracked the case on my 2017 dr650 I thought 140 was expensive not any more.....

• Like 1

Its a casting mark, nothing to worry about, but if you havent yet buy a skid plate I just cracked the case on my 2017 dr650 I thought 140 was expensive not any more.....

IMG_3706.thumb.jpg.4d7866a02e66a8476bf891376dd234fb.jpgIMG_3714.thumb.jpg.6c5c796894ebdecfb744a652c5086cc0.jpg

The whole side of the case was pushed up about an inch but in the dr's defense I got about 12 feet of air time and than landed on a rock so its not poor quality its abuse lol thank god for full coverage insurance

• Like 2

You just bought the wrong bike , that's all.  :lol:

I know lol should have bought another 2 stroke #aintmixingasnothaulinass
  • Like 1

On 2017-09-11 at 11:55 AM, yz400fmaniac said:

IMG_3706.thumb.jpg.4d7866a02e66a8476bf891376dd234fb.jpgIMG_3714.thumb.jpg.6c5c796894ebdecfb744a652c5086cc0.jpg

The whole side of the case was pushed up about an inch but in the dr's defense I got about 12 feet of air time and than landed on a rock so its not poor quality its abuse lol thank god for full coverage insurance

Ahh, thats to bad.  What are you going to do about it?

Ahh, thats to bad.  What are you going to do about it?

Already at shop the owner of the shop already has it taken apart, cases ordered hoping to have it back next week!!! There wasn't any internal damage because right when I landed the jump i heard it hit and just knew so i turned the bike off
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, yz400fmaniac said:

Already at shop the owner of the shop already has it taken apart, cases ordered hoping to have it back next week!!! There wasn't any internal damage because right when I landed the jump i heard it hit and just knew so i turned the bike off

Awesome good for you turning the bike off!