97 rm125 crank assy

The few places I've tried to order a complete crank assy from say unavailable. Anyone know of a place of ordering a complete assy or does the old one have to be rebuilt! It's beat up pretty bad, probably salvageable but bad.

That's one of them odd years they don't offer them . Have to find a rod kit have it rebuilt.  Just make sure the thrust washers are not chewed off one side. if so that half is no good. 97 was a good one tho :thumbsup: where you been hiding anyway? Lol

Edited by Motox367

16 hours ago, Motox367 said:

That's one of them odd years they don't offer them . Have to find a rod kit have it rebuilt.  Just make sure the thrust washers are not chewed off one side. if so that half is no good. 97 was a good one tho :thumbsup: where you been hiding anyway? Lol

Thrust washers we're both there! Just dropped it off an HR ago, hour labor plus parts and back together it goes. Hoping manual gets here soon, when I pulled trans I had washers and gears everywhere, lol, not a yz 250 for sure!

39 minutes ago, Smoking 2's said:

Thrust washers we're both there! Just dropped it off an HR ago, hour labor plus parts and back together it goes. Hoping manual gets here soon, when I pulled trans I had washers and gears everywhere, lol, not a yz 250 for sure!

They all pretty much same but ya thrust washers on shafts lol tranny easier to put in than us tho 

1 minute ago, Motox367 said:

They all pretty much same but ya thrust washers on shafts lol tranny easier to put in than us tho 

You should have seen this crank, when I pulled cases my first thought was wtf! Metal every where! Piston skirt pretty much gone, not a single rod bearing left, not one! I believe they put nitrous to it, not only because of the damage but a 1/4" hole drilled just in front of reeds that was filled with my favorite ( jb weld). Guy at bike shop agreed it was the worst he ever seen:facepalm::lol:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Smoking 2's said:

You should have seen this crank, when I pulled cases my first thought was wtf! Metal every where! Piston skirt pretty much gone, not a single rod bearing left, not one! I believe they put nitrous to it, not only because of the damage but a 1/4" hole drilled just in front of reeds that was filled with my favorite ( jb weld). Guy at bike shop agreed it was the worst he ever seen:facepalm::lol:

Lol oh I've seen some beauties.  Hopefully you got it cheap. I raced one of them back then .  Bike shop messed up my parts so let me borrow one off floor was a trade in. Really liked it almost bought it but was a Kawasaki guy then. 

4 minutes ago, Motox367 said:

Lol oh I've seen some beauties.  Hopefully you got it cheap. I raced one of them back then .  Bike shop messed up my parts so let me borrow one off floor was a trade in. Really liked it almost bought it but was a Kawasaki guy then. 

$300 for a complete bike is good in my book. I'll have probably $900 total in it when finished but it'll be new, kinda! I'm sure after 6-10 rides son will be on a 250 and off I go again:thumbsdn: they grow so damn fast! Need to invent a jb weld tester around here😂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Smoking 2's said:

$300 for a complete bike is good in my book. I'll have probably $900 total in it when finished but it'll be new, kinda! I'm sure after 6-10 rides son will be on a 250 and off I go again:thumbsdn: they grow so damn fast! Need to invent a jb weld tester around here😂

Yes great deal.  Take it to your local welding shop they fill it.  Yes my daughter 15 now barley see her anymore unless needs money or ride lol 

5 minutes ago, Motox367 said:

Yes great deal.  Take it to your local welding shop they fill it.  Yes my daughter 15 now barley see her anymore unless needs money or ride lol 

Yep it's coming I know😩 for me it was 13,14 when I went wild and he's 12! 

52 minutes ago, Smoking 2's said:

Yep it's coming I know😩 for me it was 13,14 when I went wild and he's 12! 

Ya but dirtbike riding will always be there I bet 

5 minutes ago, Motox367 said:

Ya but dirtbike riding will always be there I bet 

Yep I believe, hunting( getting ready to start) and dirt biking is his life, he'll be back if he goes at all:goofy:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Smoking 2's said:

Yep I believe, hunting( getting ready to start) and dirt biking is his life, he'll be back if he goes at all:goofy:

Absolutely buddy :thumbsup: bow season starts here next month 

Just now, Motox367 said:

Absolutely buddy :thumbsup: bow season starts here next month 

Last Saturday of this month here, Carolina buddy already smoked a doe on first day last weekend there! Good time's

38 minutes ago, Smoking 2's said:

Last Saturday of this month here, Carolina buddy already smoked a doe on first day last weekend there! Good time's

She will taste good :goofy: been in my yard all summer but come hunting season they be gone lol i don't hunt that way anyway to easy.  I like a challenge . Use a muzzle loader for shot gun season.  One shot makes it count

Edited by Motox367

She will taste good :goofy: been in my yard all summer but come hunting season they be gone lol i don't hunt that way anyway to easy.  I like a challenge

Challenge yep! We've named half ours lol. Betty most consistent but hands off her, wife goes and talks to her regular! I hunt else where but one of those 115-20" fellers stop by my son will send the the missiles

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Smoking 2's said:

Challenge yep! We've named half ours lol. Betty most consistent but hands off her, wife goes and talks to her regular! I hunt else where but one of those 115-20" fellers stop by my son will send the the missiles

Lol ya I got big doe with couple youngings around.  My driveway is almost half mile long I tell my trigger happy freinds not to shoot them lol  lots been took on driveway over the years 

Lol ya I got big doe with couple youngings around.  My driveway is almost half mile long I tell my trigger happy freinds not to shoot them lol  lots been took on driveway over the years 

I understand! We're pretty safe around here as far as that goes as of recent(10 years), it's on soon, son usually over in a day or two and willing to go til I say stop, enough already, lol. I'm one of those picky bastards! Or I'll try again next year for the monster

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Smoking 2's said:

Hey thanks for being around, knowledge is hard to come by now-a-days! Honestly thank you!!!!!

Anytime man. Be sure to post progress on her and pics :thumbsup:

On 9/12/2017 at 9:07 PM, Motox367 said:

Anytime man. Be sure to post progress on her and pics :thumbsup:

Waiting on manual, just for info so I can give it a go a few times(yz trans kicked my ass) do you load trans in right side prior to bolting cases together

• Like 1