Kreft top out control 2.0

I was looking at there site and came across there top out control and it sounds good was wondering if anyone has installed it and what they think? I hate how my bike acts in whoops and also when going into a turn at the bottom of a decline I can feel my shock is fully extended throwing my forks off. Fyi this is on a 2013 ktm 300xcw. Stock valving, with springs and sag set to spec.

Sent from my SM-G928V using ThumperTalk mobile app

So many other setup variables, a top out control device would hardly be the magic bullet.

Start with balanced chassis, and go from there with clickers. Of course spring rates are a key element as well.

• Like 1

You don't need it, I have a 2012 300 XC-W and I've had springs changed out for my race weight and then it's all oil and settings from there with valve changes. I race NHHA and BITD on it and I pound through 3 foot whoops like they are not there and still have a plush enough feel through the rocks. The CC forks and PDS rear is all very tuneable without extra aftermarket items that may not be there in a year or two. Stick to basics on that bike and she'll treat you right.

Thanks guys for all the responses I went out to the garage and measured my static sag and rider sag. With a full tank of gas and all my gear it's 30mm static and 115 rider. Do you think I'm ok with the spring I have or do I need a heavier one?

Sent from my SM-G928V using ThumperTalk mobile app

I have Krefts top out spring installed on my 2011 250sx.

Personally I feel it's been a beneficial upgrade. Kreft serviced my shock and I made no other upgrades other than adding the top out spring. For me the top out spring was mostly if not only noticeable in braking bumps. On my usual track, heavy braking would cause my PDS shock to ricochet to full extension harshly and hit me in the ass. Ever since the top out spring, the rear is more predictable and doesn't deflect back to full extension with the same force.

In my view it does exactly what it's supposed to do without any drawbacks. It's inexpensive and it works.