anybody slept in a tent with a bike?

going into woods for a few days with my ktm 500 exc and somehow feeling not comfortable leaving it out side.

Wondering if there will be fuel smell or something? safe to sleep?  When bike is cold I don't smell much from it.

Anybody tried this?

A lot of adventure touring guys often use the bike as part of a lean to and then the residual engine heat to get warmed up. Though I do not think it would be a good idea inside of a zippered tent.

Where are u camping? The bronx? But seriously im sure it will be safe next to your tent worse case senerario it gets pooped on

Sent from my SM-G900P using ThumperTalk mobile app

Sadly there have been reports of bikes stolen overnight at the Chadwick Missouri campground

Sent from my SM-G930V using ThumperTalk mobile app

1 minute ago, markmc2 said:

i would place it outside the tent leaning away from the tent in case it falls. bring a light chain that may help keep it from walking off. the 500 has a steering lock, right? 

steering lock in such light bike makes provides little safety, somebody can wheelie away anyway :)

Riding with heavy chain is a pain, besides if you chain bike to your leg you can lose one...

20 minutes ago, motf said:

steering lock in such light bike makes provides little safety, somebody can wheelie away anyway

Riding with heavy chain is a pain, besides if you chain bike to your leg you can lose one...

Chain the bike to the tent. It'll wake you up, but won't kill you.

To OP: Also, what kinda kinky shit are you doing in the woods?

• Like 1

Ya I do a couple of 5 to 7 day dirt bike camping trips a year to a specific place and I have a van to haul all my stuff.

Now the place is pretty safe but I still lock my bike to a tree at night or worst case I would just put it back in the van for the night.

Otherwise I do have a BIG 12 person tent cus I like big air mattress and like to be able to stand up in it and IF I wanted to I COULD just run the bike dry of gas and put in in the tent off to one side and make sure the kick stand didn't rip through the floor (use a flat piece of wood) and even put a trap down under it but once I shut the gas off my bike doesn't leak anything.

Then it really depends on that kinda tent your talking about :)

This is close to the one I have just for myself.

Outdoor-Camping-Tent.jpg

You could lock a couple of bikes in the vestibule with this one

cabin-tent.jpg

This one you could drive them ride inside.

sunncamp500-trailertent-awning.jpg

This one could hold ALL the bikes and everyone in the camp site.

Celina_30_x_135_White_Pole_Tent___Mercer

And this one you could use for your porta potty :)

3.Large-tent-open2.jpg

Edited by filterx
  • Like 4

No issue with putting it in the tent if you have the room. I kept my bike in my bedroom during college and there wasn't much smell.

No issue with putting it in the tent if you have the room. I kept my bike in my bedroom during college and there wasn't much smell.

Rebuilt my bike in my apartment during college. It smelled plenty

Sent from my SM-G930V using ThumperTalk mobile app

• Like 2