650R

How about a XR650R only column? 

They're not anywhere close to being an 600 or an 650L..... there in their own class..... am I wrong here!?? 

• Like 1

There aren't enough of us out there for it to be separate, and it has now been 10 years since they were new in dealerships.  Would it be handy, sure, but the numbers aren't there for it.  The 650R did "replace" the 600R in the Honda lineup, so from that standpoint there is continuity in having all the big bore XRs (regardless of frame material and engine cooling method) stuck in the same forum.

In the end, moving it now would probably be a nightmare.  As someone who is currently moving files around on different physical servers (updating to new virtual servers, yay!) even at the best of times some of it will get lost or corrupted during a transfer.

Frankly, it just isn't worth it and I am more than happy that everything is here, somewhere.  A guy just has to search for it.

1 hour ago, Redneck400R said:

How about a XR650R only column? 

They're not anywhere close to being an 600 or an 650L..... there in their own class..... am I wrong here!?? 

Maybe you could start your own forum.  Then it would be more obvious that there aren't enough people interested only in the XR650R.  We put up with the guys trying to get old XL's running, we're happy to put up with those of you with the XR650R too. ;)

• Like 2

Advrider has an R thread.  It's not terribly active but has some decent information.

Most anything you come across on it has been covered here a few times.  Many of us own, or have owned, both Rs and Ls in about any configuration you can think of.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2017 at 9:15 AM, Hollerhead said:

Advrider has an R thread.  It's not terribly active but has some decent information.

Most anything you come across on it has been covered here a few times.  Many of us own, or have owned, both Rs and Ls in about any configuration you can think of.

I had a first year RFVC '84 XL250R.  Traumatized by the cylinder head to this day, but that blood red color still makes me happy.

If I can find some sucker unloading a pristine NX650 for cheap some day (HA!!), I will be back in the air cooled camp.

• Like 1