Boyesen Super Cooler

Would this be a good upgrade for my 17 KTM 450 SXF since I ride off road and some tight trails? I remember reading somewhere that this cooler moves water so fast it is counter productive. I would like to order it tomorrow if it is worth it. And no I have no overheated or boiled over yet. I think I maybe should try the Tusk temp rad cap first?

I do that the KTM would overlook the impeller in the cooling circuit for their high performance bikes. The fluid has to move a certain rate to pick up the heat.

My suggestions are to run engine ice coolant, possible overflow bottle to catch a boil over so you're not loosing fluid, and a rad fan. The fan for you bike would involve installing a new stator to power the fan or else your battery will run flat. Ultimately the fan will work a charm as it will come on and off based on rad temps.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using ThumperTalk mobile app

21 hours ago, Pwilliamson222 said:

I do that the KTM would overlook the impeller in the cooling circuit for their high performance bikes. The fluid has to move a certain rate to pick up the heat.

My suggestions are to run engine ice coolant, possible overflow bottle to catch a boil over so you're not loosing fluid, and a rad fan. The fan for you bike would involve installing a new stator to power the fan or else your battery will run flat. Ultimately the fan will work a charm as it will come on and off based on rad temps.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using ThumperTalk mobile app

The factory stator puts out enough power to run the TrailTech fan, about 30-35 W, factory stator puts out about 70W total, you will not need to upgrade the stator. Also, the fan will not run that much if you set the temp for your conditions. My fan is set at 200 degrees on my '16 450 and runs very little in singletrack woods.

• Like 1