CRF450 2017 shifting and clutch

For mx racing season 2017 I shifted from Honda's (Owned most CR500 and later CRF450 types since 1993) to Kawasaki (KXF450 2017)

This because my recent Honda's suffered from issues like misshifts/false neutrals/broken gear dogs, fuel in oil, and burned clutch plates. Other than that it was a good bike. LOL

Since I find the Kawasaki very dissapointing w.r.t. reliability, a piston cracked and later a valve broke within 30 hrs, in both cases damaging cilinder head I am considering switching back to Honda for 2018.

Are aforementioned issues solved in 2017? Any new issues I should know of? (I heard about cracked damping rubbers in clutch causing problems)

Hey, I don't got any answers to your question. But I wonder how the clutch can wear out so quickly as it seems when reading on the forums. I'm coming from a Ktm and I rode Honda 250 2013 but I've never changed a clutch in my life and the bikes I've had in the past has about 80h on them when I sold them. Will this change when going to crf450 2018?

A couple of sources (MXA, Keefer Tested) said they had some breakage of the clutch plates. For MXA they recommend removing the Judder spring and replace with a normal clutch plate. I did that plus put on a better clutch cable bracket and it took some of the sloppiness out of the clutch. To me the clutch has a vague feeling and takes a good length of the pull to engage/disengage. I'm not fond of the clutch but I don't hate it either.

The other thing that comes into play is the throttle. The tip in of the throttle from off to on hits pretty abrupt. They did a different map for 2018 but people with 2017s have been resolving that by re-mapping the ECU. I think that is my next step with my 2017.