'15 300RR - Front Rim options

Hello Folks,

I bent my front rim this weekend at this years awesome ammonoosuc river turkey run. I was able to continue the ride, but the rim has enough warp that it gives me vertigo if I accidentally look at it on the faster trails or road sections.

Anyhow - Does anyone know if a KTM rim will lace up the the front beta hub with same spokes? - I have it in my cross reference notes that it will, but I cannot find the post or reference of where I got that data.  Rocky/Slavens/etc.. all stock KTM rims but none saying they are made for Beta.

thanks!

-t

Get a DID Dirtstar and never worry about bending again.  That is what is on all the BETA factory bikes.

Some KTM rims (2011-2013) were stamped Excel, but were actually made by Giant, the Chinese bike manufactuer. They are soft as soft can be, so don't use one of those used ones.

Do you mean the rim is bent and wobbles? Or is the fender not inline with the wheel? Reason I ask is how does it give you vertigo? I can't see my front tire when I ride because of the fender.

Sent from my XT1254 using ThumperTalk mobile app

• Like 1

hey kran - do you know if a ktm hoop will lace to the beta rim?

fuhl - the rim has so much warp/wobble that it protrudes a bit outside the fender -  its ugly

Hello Folks,

I can confirm that a KTM 21" DID Dirtstar rim will indeed lace right up to the beta hub, using the beta spokes.. I measured the offset and while my original rim was bent, I averaged it out to 30.

IMG_5141.jpg

• Like 1