Congrats Jared !

OK, this isn't about the sandwich guy getting paroled.

congragulations to Mees for winning the Flat Track title.

congratulations to Indian for building a winning bike.

RIP HD XR750 On the flat track strangle hold.  That engine was like a shark, killing everything for a million years.

Edited by Kev_XR
  • Like 2

this is the only venue where American motorcycles are competitive. Perhaps in the future we can get off of the graded flat dirt and get serious in the natural tera-firma ! Maybe Polaris can buy the Penton name, and revive another old US brand !

On 9/13/2017 at 6:33 AM, daled said:

this is the only venue where American motorcycles are competitive. Perhaps in the future we can get off of the graded flat dirt and get serious in the natural tera-firma ! Maybe Polaris can buy the Penton name, and revive another old US brand !

ATK can probably be bought for a lot less than Penton.   Plus, KTM vs ATK, already set for brand confusion. 

http://www.atkusa.com/

Speaking of Penton era...  Too bad the Jones AMEX motocross project didn't take off.   The Maico, Husky clone sure looked good.

amex.jpg

1d91f4aa066014a511aeb2f23eac16f2--enduro-scrambler.jpg

Edited by Kev_XR
  • Like 1

And what is up with the maico brand...?

I thought an English company bought it and was making prototypes...?? But nothing lately on the news front...

Then I see a utube vid on someone recieving a "new" 2015 maico and assembling it...!!??  Still old school machine with right hand kick....

On September 13, 2017 at 4:38 PM, jz125 said:

Don't you want to take your 450 down to one of these and try and qualify! Dude i know i would get spanked but tell me that doesn"t look like a blast!

A friend is running a lightly modified Yamaha R1 in a local flat track series.  YZR1 as he calls it.  (Not a framer).

23 hours ago, daled said:

And what is up with the maico brand...?

I thought an English company bought it and was making prototypes...?? But nothing lately on the news front...

Then I see a utube vid on someone recieving a "new" 2015 maico and assembling it...!!??  Still old school machine with right hand kick....

They made and sold some Maico 760s... Because 500's weren't reduiculosly powerful.  I have a feeling the ancient brand didn't take off.

Mees... He earned it, but I would have rather seen Baker or Smith win it. With the dominance of the Indians I find myself rooting for Halbert on the Yamaha. Harley dominated forever... them Kawasaki on the long tracks... now Indian running up front. Who's the underdog lover supposed to root for? Baer on the KTM? Sammy's been running up front and almost had a win this year. I never used to root for him, even when I was pitted in the infield by the "Cool Bus" at Stockton, but back then he was riding Harley's and I always rooted for the other brands to make a good showing.

• Like 1