Getting rid of spray paint

When I bought my bike from my previous owner he had to horrible spray paint job on it, i'm just starting to get around to it and i really dont wanna take the engine out to repaint it (there is also remains of paint the the engine cover that I want to get off). Its a steel frame yz125 and i was wondering if anyone can help me get rid of the because if I take the engine out it will never go back in. Thanks

1) Engines are very easy to pull and install. HINT: it's not a honda!

2) Arcraft paint stripper is about the best of the best. WEAR GLOVES! It burns!

3) Frames are best with a baked on cover (powder or ceramic coat, etc.)

Pull the engine, drop it off at the local powder coating place, inspect/lube/rebuild chassis parts, rebuild & enjoy. It will be worth it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Thtyzguy said:

When I bought my bike from my previous owner he had to horrible spray paint job on it, i'm just starting to get around to it and i really dont wanna take the engine out to repaint it (there is also remains of paint the the engine cover that I want to get off). Its a steel frame yz125 and i was wondering if anyone can help me get rid of the because if I take the engine out it will never go back in. Thanks

Sorry to say , but the reason it has a bad spray job is because the previous owner didn't take the engine out , you will never get a good spray job if you don't strip the bike

hook in and strip it down and take heaps of photos of the process to reference back to when you reassemble 

• Like 1