TRAIL RIDERS DREAM--RAINBOW TRAIL, MANY OTHERS FROM BACK YARD.

Last week we rode out my friend's back yard to Silver Creek, Rainbow trail, and others.  Last year we rode Monarch Crest/Continental Divide and others from his house.  There are thousands of National forest and BLM acres, and trails in a 50 mile radius.  He lives 10 miles south of Poncha Springs, and 15 miles from Salida.  I just learned he is selling his place due to health reasons. Wish I had the $ to buy it, but I don't.  He owns 53 acres, and has access to almost 20 acres of BLM land that is all fenced.  There is a nice fully modern house with 3 car garage and "man cave".  The last picture is a view from high in his back yard.  There is a full, walkout basement guest quarters, and a guest campground.  A DIRT RIDERS, AND HUNTERS PARADISE.  You can probably buy it for less than $700,000.  If you are interested, PM me and I can put you in touch.

DSCF2321.JPG

DSCF2120.JPG

DSCF2510.JPG

DSCF2520.JPG

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that your friend is hanging up his riding gear. At 67, I know that I'll have to make that sort of decision in the future. 

The Arkansas Valley is a great area and it looks like a great house. I love the vintage trailbikes in the pictures!

We too, own property down in Chaffee and love it down there. 

I suspect the home will go quickly. That neighborhood is getting to be very popular because of its benign winter weather along with its proximity to a ton of outdoor activities. 

This was their dream retirement home, and they have lived there less than 10 years.  The picture of the house is several years old.  There have been improvements since, and the driveway has been been lmproved.  His hobby was buying, selling, and restoring mostly old Suzuki bikes.  There are also a couple of storage sheds not shown in the picture. That is highway 285 at the bottom of the hill.