2004 yz85 bogs as soon as you give it gas

2004 yz85 just put new weisco piston and rings in tightened everything down no leaks as idles fine as soon as i give it gas it makes a deep bogging sound and will cut off any ideas i cleaned the carb but  will double check to make sure its all the way clean

Start with the basics... Did you look at the reeds and see if you can see light through them? Or if it's staying open. Bad reeds will cause bogging issues. Did you check carb and make sure it's jetted properly or you don't have a plugged jet or circuit? Also if your plug is fouled you need to replace it and see what it looks like. It could be a lean condition. A slow deep bwaaap sound is typically lean on a 2 stroke and sputtering is rich but could be vise versa. Don't attempt to jet the carb without a little circuit knowledge or you can do more damage than good. Great informational videos on You tube about jetting 2 strokes! Good luck

P.S. when you tightened everything down did you use a torch wrench ? Could have a loose or overtightened head or base gasket causing a leak. I always use copper coat and make sure all my studs are all the way down and then set a torch wrench to proper specs to tighten when doing top end rebuild- very important!!!

thanks for the info when i first got the bike i forgot i had to adjust the floats in the carb because it was overflowing and flooding the bike i took the plug out and put a new 1 in now she purrs like a kitten turns out the plug was fouled out pretty bad thanks again

• Like 1

thanks for the info now only 1 more problem the clutch there is tension and when i pull it in nothing happens and when i put it in gear it just rolls  i was told it has newer clutch plates so iam kind of stumped dont have that much experience working on dirt bike clutches any ideas thanks 

thanks for the info now only 1 more problem the clutch there is tension and when i pull it in nothing happens and when i put it in gear it just rolls  i was told it has newer clutch plates so iam kind of stumped dont have that much experience working on dirt bike clutches any ideas thanks 

What do you mean by it just rolls ?Does the clutch Engage or doesn't it. If the bike is in gear and you let the clutch out after pulling it in, it is supposed to just roll. Does it gain speed or just sit in one spot ? If it doesn't move it could be a number of things... maybe it's not adjusted properly. I need a better description of how it's acting. Does it slip ? That's when you can feel the bike start to take off but the engine revs higher than it feels like it's accelerating. Or does it just try to take off or even stall out when you put it in gear and you have the clutch pulled all the way in... ?because that could be a pressure plate or clutches not fully disengaging from a worn clutch basket. When you pull in the clutch and put the bike in gear... it shouldn't roll or lurch forward. You should hear or feel a slight click and the bike should sit still until you slowly start to release the lever. It should only smoothly start to roll when you let the clutch out slowly, and once it has momentum you fully release it. If not... you have issues. Run me through exactly what your doing ... example- I pull the clutch lever in and put the bike in gear, when I start to release the clutch or fully release the clutch this is what happens.. then I can give you a better idea of where to start looking.

sorry for the late response i broke down and took the bike to the shop it turned out the clutch push rods where not adjusted correctly they charged me 25 bucks so i dont think that was too bad everything is together now and its running great i was surprised how fast this little 85 is it dogs my rm80 thats bored out to 87cc