PSF2 Air To Spring Conversion

Does anyone here have firsthand experience with this on the 16/17 250?  If so, were you pleased with the conversion?

Edited by hoov165x

Almost a year later and about to send my fork to MX- Tech for the Lucky system spring conversion. Anyone use this yet??

I haven’t experienced the conversion on that fork. But I did convert my Showa TAC on my 450 to a Race tech Spring system and love it! I hated that air fork, now it feels normal and consistent. I would imagine the results would be similar for your forks too

Is the conversion something the average do-it-yourselfer' familiar with basic suspension work (springs, bushings, seals, valving)

can do at home (bolt-on stuff) or, is there some machining involved?

As a recreational MX rider I think the '17-'18 RMZ250 would really fit my type of usage,

but despite some of it's shortcomings versus the other updated 250F's, it's those air forks which are THE turn off to me.

Edited by mlatour

I had my local Race Tech Suspension guy do the work for me.  I believe the spring conversion is pretty simple, but I don't know for sure.  You could probably get a better idea by searching the suspension section of this forum, or calling Racetech

I’ve used RT specs before doing my own work. I’ve had good results except for the 4CS. I decided to go with MX-Tech as their conversion has gotten good reviews. I’m going to pull the fork and shock this weekend and get them sent off. I can’t deal with crappy forks anymore. 

• Like 1