Kawasaki KLX140G

Hopefully the next CRF230F would be more like this KLX140G in terms of the Ergonomics, adjustable rear shock,rear disc brakes, light weight and still retain its affordability.

All we'll have to do is the fork conversions.

Anyone sat on any of these yet to see how they feel?

Hopefully the next CRF230F would be more like this KLX140G in terms of the Ergonomics, adjustable rear shock,rear disc brakes, light weight and still retain its affordability.
All we'll have to do is the fork conversions.
Anyone sat on any of these yet to see how they feel?

They only make 10-12 hp. Ain't no replacement for displacement lol

low seat height,Full sized wheels, adjustable rear shock +++,  small displacement  - - - -  :-(    but overall, not too shabby.

Lots of aftermarket engine parts I am told?

I'm interested in all but the engine on this bike, if they come out with a 223cc version then that would be something

Edited by ROD Kerry

Had no idea what the Kawa lineup was like these days.

Where are the dual-sports like the KLX250S? That page just has two giant black Gold Wings on it. There must be some mistake here.

I keep trying to scroll the "Off Road" page to find the rest of the bikes....

https://www.kawasaki.com/Category/Motorcycle

Why do they top out at 140 cc? Does Kawasaki believe that the adult, testosterone-challenged, big bike segment is totally owned by orange? And Beta of course. Well, they see numbers we don't.

I wouldn't be surprised if the 140G is more responsive than the AJP PR4 240, which makes.... 12 RWHP at my altitude. Throw in a lower price and legendary Kawasaki quality and it's obvious... except... the PR4 has a "MC" MCO in most states so it is easier to plate.

Looking at this site gives me a glimpse of what weird shape the motorcycle market is in. I've heard sales are in freefall.

MetricMuscle is right, it's uncanny.

Edited by RedMesa

The 140 in 14/17 and 16/19 form COULD be good, but the shock/linkage sucks, and it's holding the bike back. That, and the 7 inches of suspension travel. I'm pretty happy with my 150/230 hybrid, but it's heavy, drags pegs, and it NEEDS a rear disc brake!  --L*64

Hope history does not repeat the old KLX 250/300 very poor choice compared with XR250. Sad to say after you build them like a Xr300  the Kaw falls apart real fast. The old KX200 was the winner.

• Like 1

My friend bought one for his wife, she likes it so far. I haven't ridden it yet and he's just now getting over the flu so he hasn't ridden it much. Said it's underpowered but otherwise  decent trail bike so far. He's 6'0" and 220 lbs, carried him around. His wife is about 5'4".