250R Mods, advice please

Hey folks been lurking on here for about two months.  Been searching and searching.  Before I ask for your advice, let me give you some background.  I have a 2006 crf250r and a 2011 crf250r.  My son is ready to move up from his TTR125, he enjoys riding my 250's.  We mostly trailride.  Here's what I'm planning to do, sell or trade the 2006 for a 230x or 250x.  But the 2011 I'm thinking about modding it for trail.  I'm looking into a recluse clutch as everyone has mentioned.  However, I'm not sure which model to get (thinking the core3.0).  I'm also looking at getting an 18" rear tire/rim.  But I'm not sure what size tire to get.  I have a Yosh full exhaust on the 2011 and want to make sure I'm not rubbing.  So can someone give me some idea of what size tire to get when I order the rim?  Both bike have Renthal sprockets and DID X ring chains.  The 2011 is fairly new.  So what sprocket size should be optimal for slow to med trail use?  Not rocks etc, just ditches and tight turns (Resembling finger lakes if anyone has ever been there).

Thanks, I am sure all of these questions have been beat into the ground, but I haven't found any definitive answers yet.  

Buy an enduro spec bike instead of wasting your time modding you crappy crf lol

Buy an enduro spec bike instead of wasting your time modding you crappy crf lol

Yeah buy an enduro CRF, if you have the money. Don't buy any KTM or HUSKY bikes unless you have a lot of money to constantly do repairs. Nothing beats Honda reliability.
Sounds like you don't want your son popping wheelies everywhere and you want more "drawn out" power. I would drop 2-3 teeth in the rear sprocket, and go up 1 tooth in the front.
Iv never noticed a difference with sprocket sizes, it depends on how the bike is build. 250R's are geared for torque. The X models are trail bikes and are geared with less torque and more top end speed.