2016 kx450f forks

So, I was involved in an accident not too long ago resulting in my right fork tube breaking in half along with some internals being damaged. I am finally to the point where I am looking into my options to get back on the bike, I took the fork off and brought it into a local shop to see what they had to say about it. After a few days of them calling around they finally gave me a call back saying it would be about a $1,300-1,400 fix and they think I'd be better off looking for a used fork off ebay. I found a set and was messaging the guy trying to convince him to sell a single side but I had no luck. Then I found a set of 2013-2014 forks for a little cheaper, but would they fit on my bike? Would it be worth ditching the air forks while I have the chance and have to spend the money anyways? The guy wants $979 for a set of air tac forks or I can get forks off a 2014 for about $800.  I haven't had much time on the air forks to decide if I like them or not (bike only has 13 hours on it) so I'm looking to hear some of your input and suggestions.

Attached some pictures for your viewing pleasure. 

thumbnail_IMG_0911.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0912.jpg

• Like 1

I have a friend selling a set of 16 kx 450 forks for $750 less than 10 hours on them

I would go for the spring forks.  As far as interchangeability I can't tell you about that but if it is an option I would go that way.