2018 BETA 4T

The bikes are stuck in CARB/EPA. They're in Paso Robles, CA(Beta USA HQ). They are awaiting testing by the California Air and Resource Board/ Environmental Protection Agency. Once approved they will be shipped out. We can all thank VW for this crap!

Sent from my SM-G955U using ThumperTalk mobile app

Once approved it will show up here:

https://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad/cert/hmc/2018/2018.php

57 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

Gerston, Cullins and Salvini so far. All factory riders only. I think Italy takes a month off in August, they are probably cranking them out as we speak.

seaofbeta.jpg

What's the difference from the 17 again?? Take off the kick starter to be lighter? Clutch is a little lighter? Anything else? Lithium battery? 

Just ride a 17 Beta 4t and if you like that get an 18. .. or get a 17.

Oh and it's white and has the Xtrainer rear fender plastics?

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, highmarker said:

So much for the good running right out the box Beta 4t

Has there ever been a year Betas didn't run good out of the box??? Shouldn't make a difference I would think. Actually I'm thinking a 17' ought to be better coming with a kicker .

• Like 3

Has there ever been a year Betas didn't run good out of the box??? Shouldn't make a difference I would think. Actually I'm thinking a 17' ought to be better coming with a kicker.

They changed the motor slightly (clutch) etc. That means it has to go through re-certification similar to what Husky and KTM went through last year. We all know what happened to the Husky and KTM bikes...they run super hot and are struggling to breathe due to all the smog crap

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gaortiz said:

They changed the motor slightly (clutch) etc. That means it has to go through re-certification similar to what Husky and KTM went through last year. We all know what happened to the Husky and KTM bikes...they run super hot and are struggling to breathe due to all the smog crap

Yea well Beta always has had the smog crap but still runs good. Betas out of the box have all run well all these years. I doubt there might be much difference. .. but Ktm has had horrible jetting for I don't get why.

• Like 2

Yea well Beta always has had the smog crap but still runs good. 

The standards got more strict last year. That's the problem and it's all because of the Volkswagon issue.

I contacted CARB a few days ago to find out the approval process. I feel as a CA citizen/tax payer I should be informed about how the process works. See below.20170911_091351.jpg20170911_155941.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, gaortiz said:

The standards got more strict last year. That's the problem and it's all because of the Volkswagon issue.

I contacted CARB a few days ago to find out the approval process. I feel as a CA citizen/tax payer I should be informed about how the process works. See below.20170911_091351.jpg20170911_155941.jpg

Given the service I've gotten from my Beta dealer and Betausa  since 09' I'm not jumping to conclusions ahead of time. It doesn't make sense. Just see what happens. When my Beta 525 RS came to me new a 525 rr needle was taped to the seat so I could immediately change out the lean street legal needle in the bike. Beta knew.. and or my dealer knew too. My dealer yanked the charcoal canister etc and all the crap out for me. It's what I wanted.  That isn't checked in Hawaii anyway. The bike stock seemed fine but my dealer was great and set up the bike how I wanted. He was setting the bike up and knew what I rode . I'm lucky. He rides what I ride. Just wait and get the bike and ride it. Projecting doom and gloom makes no sense.

Given the service I've gotten from my Beta dealer and Betausa  since 09' I'm not jumping to conclusions ahead of time. It doesn't make sense. Just see what happens. When my Beta 525 RS came to me new a 525 rr needle was taped to the seat so I could immediately change out the lean street legal needle in the bike. Beta knew.. and or my dealer knew too. My dealer yanked the charcoal canister etc and all the crap out for me.  That isn't checked in Hawaii anyway. The bike stock seemed fine but my dealer was great and set up the bike how I wanted. He was setting the bike up and knew what I rode . I'm lucky. He rides what I ride. Just wait and get the bike and ride it. Projecting doom and gloom makes no sense.

I'm not projecting anything but I know CA is more strict now than when the engine was last designed. We shall see how it goes!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, gaortiz said:

I'm not projecting anything but I know CA is more strict now than when the engine was last designed. We shall see how it goes!

It seems like you are. You seem pretty concerned sending emails etc to find out about the test. What's to send emails for? 

The bike comes and it gets ridde:excuseme:n  Betas have worked great every year so far. If it needs adjustments then it gets adjusted. I think everything will be fine.. otherwise buy a leftover 17.????

Right now I don't think it's a bad idea.. I mean Beta enduros from a few years ago till now? What's the big difference? To me it's not much.. All are good.

It seems like you are. You seem pretty concerned sending emails etc to find out about the test. What's to send emails for? 
The bike comes and it gets ridde:excuseme:n  Betas have worked great every year so far. If it needs adjustments then it gets adjusted.

I sent the email to inquire about the process of certification and where the Beta's were in the queue because I want my bike. That's the only reason for sending the emails. You're absolutely right...if they don't work properly (highly doubt that they won't) then it gets adjusted. [emoji16]

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

The bike comes and it gets ridde:excuseme:n  Betas have worked great every year so far. If it needs adjustments then it gets adjusted. I think everything will be fine.. otherwise buy a leftover 17.????

Right now I don't think it's a bad idea.. I mean Beta enduros from a few years ago till now? What's the big difference? To me it's not much.. All are good.

There goes that skipping record again....

• Like 4

Just be nice if the whole country wasn't held hostage by CARB. When I bought my last Honda they had a 49state and CA model.

From what I've been told the feds did that because CARB was more strict then the EPA and it saved federal tax dollars to just have CA do it since CA was stricter anyway...

• Like 1