Yamaha launching an ebike

10 minutes ago, quailchaser said:

Ha ha ha. Read the comments from the MTN bike elitists.

Motorbike be Kill in' our access man.

They are rather snobbish towards us motorcyclists arent they...

I would love to have one to play in my own backyards, would consider a trials bike or an e trials bike or even an MTB; it is only 1/4 acre and dont wanna piss off my neighbours.

• Like 1

Lol, some of the comments sound like they are promoting snuff films.  

Please make a sister site called PinkMotorizedVehicles so I don't have to read about this stuff on a mountain bike website.

Honestly, mountain bikes face the same access struggles motorcycles do. The concerns are fairly legitimate. 

Their concerns are "go away motorized cycles because you make land use issues bad for us."

That will work until the dirt bikers are no more. Guess who the anti's will come after then!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, quailchaser said:

Their concerns are "go away motorized cycles because you make land use issues bad for us."

That will work until the dirt bikers are no more. Guess who the anti's will come after then!

The anti are going after everyone, all of the time. They've seen what happened to motorcycles, they're only trying to stay ahead. 

In some areas, dirtbikes and mtbs work together. But you have to treat them for what they are. 

4 minutes ago, SDet said:

The anti are going after everyone, all of the time. They've seen what happened to motorcycles, they're only trying to stay ahead. 

In some areas, dirtbikes and mtbs work together. But you have to treat them for what they are. 

By throwing dirtbikes under the bus.  Again, any gains made by disparaging another recreational group is surely the best way.  Honestly, this will all stop when we can get motorized recreation removed.  Land access will open up, unicorns will run free range, rainbows for everyone.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Faux Sho said:

Boooooo

Why? Another way to experience a trail. Would not be surprised to see an electric 2wd bike dominate endurocross in a few years. I will have to be in a different class

10 hours ago, quailchaser said:

Ha ha ha. Read the comments from the MTN bike elitists.

Motorbike be Kill in' our access man.

I mountain bike a lot. Electric motorcycles would do to the mtb trails what a quad does to singletrack. 

8 hours ago, quailchaser said:

There are a lot of concerns with electric bikes on mtb trails. They are not a good mix on trails. MTBers have to fight in MI to keep access to the trails they have built and maintained, most commonly it is horse riders that are trying to get them banned from trails.

40 minutes ago, johanssont said:

I mountain bike a lot. Electric motorcycles would do to the mtb trails what a quad does to singletrack. 

There are a lot of concerns with electric bikes on mtb trails. They are not a good mix on trails. MTBers have to fight in MI to keep access to the trails they have built and maintained, most commonly it is horse riders that are trying to get them banned from trails.

The hiking, horse and mtb trails are the same width and the same repair as the ST that we ride.  Poor elitist mtb have to fight to keep trails.   Welcome to the club.  Once again, I'm sure once you keep those pesky motorized peeps off all the trails, it will be all rainbows and unicorns.  Maybe all the elite mtn bikers should band together and buy their own land and keep those hikers and horse and motorized peeps out.  

12 hours ago, BushPig said:

If affordable, would probably buy the shit out of one.

Me too.  They will definitely come down in price.  Give it some time.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dcmetro1 said:

Me too.  They will definitely come down in price.  Give it some time.

It will fill an important gap between my MTB and Enduro bikes that I never knew I had. :smirk: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BushPig said:

It will fill an important gap between my MTB and Enduro bikes that I never knew I had. :smirk: 

Its definitely going to open up some options of riding areas.

I have a small hs loop at my house and this would make for some stealth riding.

9 hours ago, quailchaser said:

By throwing dirtbikes under the bus.  Again, any gains made by disparaging another recreational group is surely the best way.  Honestly, this will all stop when we can get motorized recreation removed.  Land access will open up, unicorns will run free range, rainbows for everyone.

I have already seen signs reading "CLOSED TO MECHANIZED TRAVEL". This is electric, and bicycles too.

5 minutes ago, dcmetro1 said:

Its definitely going to open up some options of riding areas.

I have a small hs loop at my house and this would make for some stealth riding.

How many acres are you on?

Just now, BushPig said:

How many acres are you on?

I only have 5.5.... but my loop goes well beyond that.  I don't have any houses on the adjoining properties - approximately 2.5 - 3 miles with singles, doubles and tables, off cambers etc...

• Like 1