Stator upgrade?

the Fans draw about 60w if i remember right when talking to Trail Tech.

I went with a Trail Tech stator and the trail tech support guys are super  helpful.  BajaDesigns has a list of stock stators https://www.bajadesigns.com/tech-info/KTM-Power-Output-Chart.asp

Lists yours at 100w and they have a rewind option to get 130w.  For what its worth the SXF bikes and the 11+ xcf bikes have a 20w stator.  I don't know how the xcf bikes are wired but i wouldn't plan on using all that 100w.  make sure you leave a bit for your ignition system etc.

27 minutes ago, shift1313 said:

the Fans draw about 60w if i remember right when talking to Trail Tech.

I went with a Trail Tech stator and the trail tech support guys are super  helpful.  BajaDesigns has a list of stock stators https://www.bajadesigns.com/tech-info/KTM-Power-Output-Chart.asp

Lists yours at 100w and they have a rewind option to get 130w.  For what its worth the SXF bikes and the 11+ xcf bikes have a 20w stator.  I don't know how the xcf bikes are wired but i wouldn't plan on using all that 100w.  make sure you leave a bit for your ignition system etc.

Stock stator won't work properly and the info listing the stator at 100w is wrong. 100w with the XCFW or EXC-F is correct though. The SXF/XCF are the same electrical systems as are the 250/350. The initial kick of the fan will draw off the battery but only requires about 30w to run. Adding a decent light will take another 30-40w. Your stock system will not handle that. The TrailTech stator doesn't account for any wattage used by the bike. As per my conversation with Ricky Stator, the best you'll get is 70w available due to the limitations of the engineering of the bike. With a upgraded stator, it will power all the items mentioned. But, there is a problem... Peak wattage can only be reached at around 8000rpm. So if you're just idling around you might have a drain on the battery. To combat this I added a larger battery with more capacity.

Edited by Monk
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, trailmeisterjoe said:

Probably not, but what is the wattage for the light bar? You have about 100 watts total to play with.

Joe

No, stock he has about 20w

7 hours ago, motorider2017 said:

you shouldn't have to upgrade all these light bars are low wattage from what I've owned and seen 

Dante

6 leds @ 3w each make for 18w...You definitely won't be riding fast that's for sure... 

12 hours ago, Monk said:

Stock stator won't work properly and the info listing the stator at 100w is wrong. 100w with the XCFW or EXC-F is correct though. The SXF/XCF are the same electrical systems as are the 250/350. The initial kick of the fan will draw off the battery but only requires about 30w to run. Adding a decent light will take another 30-40w. Your stock system will not handle that. The TrailTech stator doesn't account for any wattage used by the bike. As per my conversation with Ricky Stator, the best you'll get is 70w available due to the limitations of the engineering of the bike. With a upgraded stator, it will power all the items mentioned. But, there is a problem... Peak wattage can only be reached at around 8000rpm. So if you're just idling around you might have a drain on the battery. To combat this I added a larger battery with more capacity.

This is the route I went with my 17 250 XCF.  Installed the trail tech fan kit, front and rear lights.  Went with the ricky stator and the larger shorai battery.

23 hours ago, Monk said:

I did think it was odd that the XCF would have 100w but i don't own one so wouldn't know.  I do know a member on here has a 200w dakar setup on his 450 but required a bit more than just a new stator/flywheel.

11 minutes ago, shift1313 said:

I did think it was odd that the XCF would have 100w but i don't own one so wouldn't know.  I do know a member on here has a 200w dakar setup on his 450 but required a bit more than just a new stator/flywheel.

I don't recall that thread, but there was a member who used the XCWF stator, flywheel, ignition cover etc. I imagine a costly endeavor but for serious power you need to spend serious money...