Brakes

I am not a big fan of the brakes on our 150, they work but they are not nearly as powerful as those on our previous KTM 85.

I have ordered a set of Galfer reinforced brake lines, I hope that helps a bit. But what are your thoughts on the brakes? and do you run standard brake pads or something more grippy?

8 hours ago, BoMadsen said:

I am not a big fan of the brakes on our 150, they work but they are not nearly as powerful as those on our previous KTM 85.

I have ordered a set of Galfer reinforced brake lines, I hope that helps a bit. But what are your thoughts on the brakes? and do you run standard brake pads or something more grippy?

CRF250R or CRF450R dual piston calipers with a not-too-expensive adapter work wonders. The sumo crowd goes a step further with oversized rotor, not necessary for dirt.

Thank you Old Plonker, I wasn't aware that that was an option, but searching for it I can see that it is quite common.

Not exactly free though, so I think I will see what the boy thinks of the new brake lines and pads first :) If that doesn't do the trick, I might have to crack open the big wallet and get a set of 450 calipers.