Carbon fiber ebc clutch kit

no I don't think so???  to be honest Iv never heard of carbon fibre clutch plates il have to look them up. its interesting though I would have thought that carbon fibre would be to hard of a compound to use as a friction liner??  after all in the old days they used cork liners.

Its an upgraded kit iv seen for sale only like £15 extra included friction plates and uprated springs just thinking this might add extra stress to the standard clutch basket .

said designed for hard off road use , just thinking also if im using the bike on road the set off might not be as smooth 

ahhh ha   the carbon fibre is impregnated into the friction liner not a complete replacement. they claim to last longer and handle higher heat.  a little wary on the higher heat I think youd want better steel plates to go with.  oem ones might get warped with heat and cause clutch drag.  that being said if the kit comes with friction and steel plates as a complete replacement then I cant see a problem. I replaced my clutch pack because the steel plates were warped when I got the bike and the clutch would drag no matter what I did. the tusk kit was a known brand at a cheaper price and came with friction and steel plates think I spent $60 on the tusk kit and to go oem here was going to be like $300  hard to justify

Im not 100% if it might be when im on the road it seems to sound like its revving more than im moving if you get me . But when I rebuilt the engine the plates had plenty of meat on them . 

So thought might just put one in anyways  over the winter only £80 and an afternoon.

might just be me being anal like normal .

what top speed is normal out of a 250 ? 

easy way to tell if its slipping    give plenty of revs and dump the clutch in 2nd and listen  just be carful doing so not to crash or flip.

as for a top speed well  rim size, tyre tread type, front and rear sprocket size, wind resistance, weight and more all play a factor so there is no definitive answer to that but with the right gearing and such should easy get 100 - 140kmh out of it how hard do you want it to scream??   what tooth sprockets you got on it?

ha ha I have the ac-10s on my 400 they seem great for a road legal knobby waring real well so far.   as for your gearing that's why you cant get much speed its geared for grunt trail riding. more torque less speed  id try a 14t and a 48 or 45t iv got a 14t - 45t on the 400 as a compromise between dirt and road riding just don't go 15-45 its a bad ratio 3 to 1 not good for chain ware.

the sprocket on the front if bigger ie. 14-15t= more speed less grunt. smaller 12-11t= more grunt less speed

the sprocket on the back wheel bigger ie. 50-60t= more grunt less speed. smaller 40-35t= more speed less grunt

I hope that makes sence  im not the best with words sorry

Yer its deffo got the get up and go just not the top end . I dont think id feel safe any faster tbh, like im on a bucking bronco 

thats why im not sure if the clutch is slipping as it picks the speed fast but the engine seems high revving if im

on The dirt or hills it doesnt , i think

its geared wrong for the road like 

yehh if you go with a bigger front and or a smaller back sprocket the engine wont rev as hard at the same speed but you will loose some torque at the back wheel  its a bit of a trial and error process to get the best ratio to suit your riding.  if you put the bike up on a stand and put a mark on a tooth on the front and rear sprockets you can count the number of times the front sprocket turns to 1 turn of the back  that is your ratio ie. 10 turns front to 1 turn rear = 10 to 1  most guys iv talked to that ride on road and off use a set size rear sprocket to theyr liking and get say a 15t front for on road and carry a 14t sprocket and spanner when they hit the dirt they stop and change front sprocket to the smaller one to gain more power for the dirt. 1 tooth will make a sizeable difference so don't go to crazy.  given the sprockets you have id try ether a 48t rear or a 14-15t front and try it to see what you think just change one sprocket at a time to get a feel for it 2 teeth may be all you need. id think a front sprocket would be cheaper than a new clutch pack and a lot less work.

I can only tell you what we know. Stock Honda OEM, KG clutch, Sudco Clutch.    Not to say there are not other Ok aftermarket Clutch kits.  EBC does make OK parts but in Clutch plate and Cultch springs Never for XR250/400. On our CRF 230fs  we bought last year some EBC heavy duty Cultch spring kits just to try. They looked weak by Eye compared to stock spring they advertise 20 percent stronger  then stock. When checked with spring tester weaker then stock old CRF230 springs. EBC spring in trash can.

For as little as EBC springs cost trash can more easy. Yes they where right part number and new in box. We where told by other riders about there weak springs years ago ,but bought them anyway in 2016 nothing has changed. On there cultch plates All riders we know ,and our using EBC plates. Is why we named them 1 hour cultch. Stock Honda cultch lasts 7 to over 10 years even with the thrashing we give it.