Rmz450 mapping

Hey guys, I'm doing an upgrade on my 2014 rmz450 it's getting stage 2 hotcams and a high comp piston, just wondering what people used to map it correctly or if they used the standard mapping that Suzuki give you. 

Cheers in advance 

I thought I read that Tom is not doing maps anymore because of the hassle of getting a bike???? I am also interested in a re-map. I was going to call Tokyo Mods and see what they have to say. They don't list it on their website.

I am in the market for a Yosh tuner. They are hard to come by these days. 

The other option would be something like a PIM2 or PC5 with auto tune that will self adjust to keep things perfect for you.

On 10/12/2017 at 9:17 PM, rraiderr said:

I ended up getting the Athena GET Power ECU.

It's been outstanding.

rraiderr,

How hard was install? Plug & play? Can you leave it alone, and is further adjustment optional through app?

On 10/10/2017 at 7:15 PM, BDubb106 said:

I am in the market for a Yosh tuner. They are hard to come by these days. 

The other option would be something like a PIM2 or PC5 with auto tune that will self adjust to keep things perfect for you.

bazzaz tuner is the same thing FYI, a PIM2 is just a rebranded Bazzaz, just a heads up

I mean an actual computer programmer. They used to make them but do t anymore so they are extremely hard to find. So I can write custom maps. Not just a plug in tuner.

• Like 1

I mean an actual computer programmer. They used to make them but do t anymore so they are extremely hard to find. So I can write custom maps. Not just a plug in tuner.

You can custom map with pcv and vortex i think but with vortex you need some software idk. I personally got pcv.

On 11/9/2017 at 6:08 AM, Torrture said:

rraiderr,

How hard was install? Plug & play? Can you leave it alone, and is further adjustment optional through app?

Yes it is plug and play, takes about 10 minutes to install.

You can run the map that comes with it or create your own.

You can also make changes via the phone app.

On 11/11/2017 at 3:30 AM, rraiderr said:

Yes it is plug and play, takes about 10 minutes to install.

You can run the map that comes with it or create your own.

You can also make changes via the phone app.

So, I bought the GET for my '17, and finally put it on 2 weeks ago. seems good, not a dramatic change. I have gotten zero flame outs in turns, which is good (but I also adjusted idle speed, in all fairness). The one thing I don't like, especially for the price, is the loss of the OEM metal cable guide that is incorporated into the stock metal mount that the GET replaces.

Could use a little help on this one: With the GET installed, I all of a sudden had a lot of popping this last Wednesday, as well a few flame outs. Temps at about 87-90 degrees, moderate humidity. Yoshimura RS4 slip on, no backfire screen, lean coupler, VP T4 race fuel. Think I may need to use the remap software and plug they provide. Any advice?? 

I have the vertex which I love but I’m pretty sure the couplers don’t do anything once you swap ecu’s, it may be different with the get

On 7/14/2018 at 11:42 AM, Torrture said:

Could use a little help on this one: With the GET installed, I all of a sudden had a lot of popping this last Wednesday, as well a few flame outs. Temps at about 87-90 degrees, moderate humidity. Yoshimura RS4 slip on, no backfire screen, lean coupler, VP T4 race fuel. Think I may need to use the remap software and plug they provide. Any advice?? 

I commented in your other post but I'll still post here in case someone doesn't see the other post. With your mods you need to add fuel! The RMZ is pretty darn lean stock. Some areas of the RPM range are worse than others. Keep adding fuel. You will know when it is right. You will also be shocked at how much fuel it actually needs. The stock map is pretty bad. You will be shocked at how much potential is still trapped in there.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BDubb106 said:

I commented in your other post but I'll still post here in case someone doesn't see the other post. With your mods you need to add fuel! The RMZ is pretty darn lean stock. Some areas of the RPM range are worse than others. Keep adding fuel. You will know when it is right. You will also be shocked at how much fuel it actually needs. The stock map is pretty bad. You will be shocked at how much potential is still trapped in there.

OK, very cool, I will start trending that way. Thank you!!

On 7/16/2018 at 5:45 PM, BDubb106 said:

Tried +4, and was better. Am waiting to see what the humidity does this week and try +6 . 

• Like 1

Just posted my GET ECU in classifieds if anyone is interested. I decided to remain with stock.

• Like 1