One way tire direction (front tire)

I happened to notice the front tire on my son's Cobra 50 was on backwards. Wouldn't have ever noticed it without the arrow (pointing backwards). I don't mind flipping it, it's looks fairly new and I have a set of spoons. If it's no big deal I'll wait for the winter and do the pads as well. What do you guys think? Thanks. 

The tire is a Geomax 32mxf, 60x100x12.

Its just a traction issue.  On that bike you probably won't notice the difference.  Some tires are even bi-directional like the Kenda Parker DTs I run, one way for hard and the other for intermediate.

4 hours ago, motorider2017 said:

I've never had a problem with running them backwards just don't run the psi super high they tend to slide when its super hard 

What's funny is that there is no "inflate to" or "max psi" markings on the tire at all, just the arrow. The manual say 16psi minimum, and that's where I have it. Seems a bit hard.

1 hour ago, Fred29 said:

What's funny is that there is no "inflate to" or "max psi" markings on the tire at all, just the arrow. The manual say 16psi minimum, and that's where I have it. Seems a bit hard.

I'm assuming the Geomax's are not what the bike came with originally so IMO the manual would recommend PSI based on that.

Then I just did a google search on Geomax 32mxf and came back with nothing.

IMO MOST tires have the min/max psi on them THEN as far a directional tires go, I look at the thread pattern. If there is an obvious difference I will only mount in the direction of the arrow. if the thread pattern looks the same either way, I run them either way regardless of the the directional arrow.

I'm now slightly interested is see what a Geomax 32mxf looks like and the Cobra 50 looks like a cool kids bike :)

9 hours ago, filterx said:

I'm assuming the Geomax's are not what the bike came with originally so IMO the manual would recommend PSI based on that.

IMO MOST tires have the min/max psi on them THEN as far a directional tires go, I look at the thread pattern. If there is an obvious difference I will only mount in the direction of the arrow. if the thread pattern looks the same either way, I run them either way regardless of the the directional arrow.

I'm now slightly interested is see what a Geomax 32mxf looks like and the Cobra 50 looks like a cool kids bike :)

The tread pattern feeds inward if the tire were mounted properly. There is a difference and that's where my concern came from. I'll post some pictures when I have some daylight. My bigger concern is that my son is afraid to ride it. I don't blame him, when I free rev it to make sure it's warm, it's loud. He's just too big for a PW or a Jr. I posted before that I wish I could have him ride a beginner bike for an hour to get him comfortable with a throttle. The season is almost over and I hope he will have the basics down before the snow hits.

13 hours ago, filterx said:

Here are some photos of the tire. As mounted the tire feeds outwards. Probably not a big deal, but worth asking a question. I see your part of Team TT and wondered why one of my last threads was moved to Chinese. I get that there can be only so many subsections of bikes, but it's AMERICAN MADE. Food for thought...

IMG_1547.JPG

IMG_1548.JPG

IMG_1549.JPG

IMG_1550.JPG

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Fred29 said:

The tread pattern feeds inward if the tire were mounted properly. There is a difference and that's where my concern came from. I'll post some pictures when I have some daylight. My bigger concern is that my son is afraid to ride it. I don't blame him, when I free rev it to make sure it's warm, it's loud. He's just too big for a PW or a Jr. I posted before that I wish I could have him ride a beginner bike for an hour to get him comfortable with a throttle. The season is almost over and I hope he will have the basics down before the snow hits.

Flip the tire asap. Don't wait for snow. Even in N.Y. it's still only September. It'll only take an hour or so. If he's uncomfortable with the bike now, adding your concern about a tire on backwards will only mess with his confidence and concentration. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fred29 said:

Here are some photos of the tire. As mounted the tire feeds outwards. Probably not a big deal, but worth asking a question. I see your part of Team TT and wondered why one of my last threads was moved to Chinese. I get that there can be only so many subsections of bikes, but it's AMERICAN MADE. Food for thought...

Its worth asking the question and ya I agree, it looks directional and I would flip it the right way ASAP and say use 12 PSI on both front back tires.

Then yes I'm a member of TT but I'm not a moderator and not sure why your other topic got moved but maybe send a PM to @William1 and ask.

Otherwise first time I've seen one of these and if I'm not mistaken its a 2T and I'm going to assume its a going to be a loud bike. I don't have kids BUT I do ride with lots of family's with both boys and girls of varying ages and abilities and IMO the key is that it needs to be fun and easy for them to ride so without knowing your whole story, this might not be the best bike for him BUT this is a whole other topic so you might want to post a new topic about that.

Anyway the fall should be good for riding for at least another month on the east coast so good luck my friend :)

17 hours ago, filterx said:

Its worth asking the question and ya I agree, it looks directional and I would flip it the right way ASAP and say use 12 PSI on both front back tires.

Then yes I'm a member of TT but I'm not a moderator and not sure why your other topic got moved but maybe send a PM to @William1 and ask.

Otherwise first time I've seen one of these and if I'm not mistaken its a 2T and I'm going to assume its a going to be a loud bike. I don't have kids BUT I do ride with lots of family's with both boys and girls of varying ages and abilities and IMO the key is that it needs to be fun and easy for them to ride so without knowing your whole story, this might not be the best bike for him BUT this is a whole other topic so you might want to post a new topic about that.

Anyway the fall should be good for riding for at least another month on the east coast so good luck my friend :)

I went ahead and flipped it. These little tires are simple to muscle around, especially with spoons. Along the way I must have blacked out and OCD took over. The rim turned out sweet. Looks like I know what I'll be doing tomorrow. Thanks for all the advice. BTW, if a beginner is reading this (like me), projects like this really help you get to know the bike and all it's parts. Cleaning accomplishes far more than removing dirt and grime.

IMG_1548.JPG

IMG_1552.JPG

IMG_1553.JPG

IMG_1555.JPG

• Like 2

Ya cleaning my bike is just part of the process of having a good once over to look for stuff that needs fixed, preventative maintenance etc.

Otherwise watch the vid I posted might give you some ideas for your son :)

4 hours ago, Slicing-Air said:

Is it ok to flip a back tire after one side is worn?

I occasionally flip the rear but it depends on the tire and how much overall wear all the tires I use (even if they have an arrow on the side) are not directional.

I don't flip the fronts and usually replace both at the same time or 2 backs to 1 front but again depends on the tire and wear.

• Like 1