Torque Wing on a 2-Stroke

Hey Gang, anybody have any experience running a "torque wing" or airbox splitter on a KTM 2-Stroke? I'm forgetting some of the brand names, but I'm talking about the thin metal plates that form a cross or X that go between your carb and air filter to create turbulence within the air intake. I know they can have a truly positive impact on 4-stokes, but I don't often hear anyone talk about running one on a 2-stroke. Maybe because the air gets moved around the engine so much in a 2t that it's mostly redundant?

What do you think?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DEMI said:

If you are gonna do it, have RB put one in the carb, anything else is conjecture at best.

Yep,

I had RB Designs do the carb mods and cylinder head mods on my KDX200 and KTM 300 XCW.  Very pleased with results and significantly improved the low end on both bikes above 10K+ elevation.

www.rb-designs.com

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SilvFx said:

Yep,

I had RB Designs do the carb mods and cylinder head mods on my KDX200 and KTM 300 XCW.  Very pleased with results and significantly improved the low end on both bikes above 10K+ elevation.

www.rb-designs.com

I had it done on a couple different bikes, the full set up. Ron is the man.

1 hour ago, sbest said:

As Rebel mentioned, improved low throttle response but in both cases seemed to impede full throttle power. 

Which is what would be expected. Its a huge flow impedance. Might help at half-throttle and below, has to hurt at WFO. Also note, the flow thru a carb on a case reed induction two stroke is very strange, as it starts and stops as the reed closes. The air doesn't stop, it reverses and a pressure wave flows out the carb to the airbox, then it reverses again. Its really weird. On road racers (which use a naked carb) you could sometimes see a cloud of fuel/air mixture in a standing wave an inch or so away from the carb entrance.