17 XCW. What are my front disc guard options?

Looking for a Front Disc guard to protect my $280 floating rotor. I bought an Ascerbis setup with mount, but the mount did not seem to fit the hub. What are you guys running??

300.jpg

Just now, pat22043 said:

I run a acerbis disk guard on the front, and a KTM branded fin on the back. The fin is probably EE rebranded KTM

Could you post a closeup pic of the mount in the hub?  When I tried to install it, it didn't want to go all the way in to the hub. Seemed like the ascerbis mount needed to press into the wheel bearing as well. I didn't really care for the poor machining of it compared to the stock spacers, so I returned it.

I can take a pic, sure. I didn't install it, the dealer did before I saw the bike.
The guard does stay with the wheel when I pull the front axle. This is unlike my KTM 250F, where you have to unbolt the guard before pulling the wheel off.

Why is a disc guard like that overkill?? What good is plastic? At some point you can crush a toe, but it is smart to wear safety boots.

• Like 1

I ride alot of boulder fields. A guard that will slide over a rock instead of my rotor is exactly what I want. Look at it as a front skid plate.

I got this,  like it a lot.  Protects the bottom of the fork as well.  Their rad-guards are top notch as well.

Bulletproof Designs.

Screen Shot 2017-09-14 at 8.48.45 PM.png

Edited by kevvyd
  • Like 3

Looking for a Front Disc guard to protect my $280 floating rotor. I bought an Ascerbis setup with mount, but the mount did not seem to fit the hub. What are you guys running??
300.jpg.b8c03dc3465a2fde083712d1e931ed44.jpg

I like that trailer. What kind is it and what does it cost. Sorry to be off topic. I have a Harbor Freight 4x8 but not sure it's up to the task of long distance with a 12" tire's.

20 hours ago, lacofdfireman said:

Looks like a shorelandr 1200mc trailer.

I like that trailer. What kind is it and what does it cost. Sorry to be off topic. I have a Harbor Freight 4x8 but not sure it's up to the task of long distance with a 12" tire's.

Shorelander 1200mc. Works fantastic. Most of the time I pull my bikes behind my car instead of my garage queen truck lol. Paid 8 it $900

Got the 7602 front brake guard. I liked it so much I'm swapping out my SRT from the rear with theirs. Gonna look sweet with both on Friday7b8a0b014b0ace00e5ebc0aa1ec3632f.jpg93e142e2e051f49ece32670a7619c1b8.jpg

• Like 1