Jump to content

2006 525 XC Graphics

Recommended Posts

Whats up guys

So I've done a stupid amount of searching today just to have no luck at all. I don't know if I am just blind or if I'm actually not crazy, but I have been trying to find a graphics kit to fit my specific bike for at least a week. I am just stumped. So I bought my bike with the seller telling me it was a EXC. When in all actuality it is a 06 XC (I believe). It doesn't have the same tank design as the EXC and it also states "XC" right in front of the number plate (I know I'm an idiot but I also didn't have much knowledge of the models). I have no problem what so ever finding graphics kits for the same year bike, just none that are made to my bikes body design. Does anyone know of different years or models that have the same body style? I can have a kit custom made, but that just seems like such a waste when I feel as if there has got to be pre-made kits already available. 

I keep seeing kits like this: http://www.ktmworld.com/product/54808190300.html

Which is a beautiful design to the graphics, but the picture that is shown is a EXC model. The XC model looks as though it has more space to cover. I've attached pictures of both the 2006 models. The XC and EXC and you can tell the XC has a lot more plastic to cover and different angles. Has anyone ever run into this problem? Does the graphics kit come ready to fit the XC and need to be cut or "modded" to fit the EXC? 

Any help would be appreciated!!!

IMG_0826.PNG

IMG_0827.PNG

IMG_0829.PNG

IMG_1113.PNG

IMG_1112.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Check Ebay.  There are a lot of people selling kits for all the KTM's there.  A buddy of mine ordered one and it looks awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If that is your bike in some of those pictures it looks like you have an aftermarket or KTM hard parts tank instead of the stock tank like in the googled pictures. That was an interesting time for KTM and their names were changing but graphics for an 06 KTM EXC should fit your bike and fit on your tank as it has the same basic shape as the stock shrouds.

I have an 06 EXC and the 07 XC-W us the exact same bike but has a different name and I think it's technically an EXC-G

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, pre-mixed said:

If that is your bike in some of those pictures it looks like you have an aftermarket or KTM hard parts tank instead of the stock tank like in the googled pictures. That was an interesting time for KTM and their names were changing but graphics for an 06 KTM EXC should fit your bike and fit on your tank as it has the same basic shape as the stock shrouds.

I have an 06 EXC and the 07 XC-W us the exact same bike but has a different name and I think it's technically an EXC-G

I think I was more worried that the angles and cuts in the graphics would look weird on the differently shaped tank. Every single graphics kit for sale always has the EXC model with the EXC tank as the sample picture. Do you think a graphics kit would look okay over the black protectors on my plastics? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know how they would look over the black. Are those just stickers?

And pretty much all kits you will find are going to be for the stock tank which I'm pretty positive you don't have

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, pre-mixed said:

I don't know how they would look over the black. Are those just stickers?

And pretty much all kits you will find are going to be for the stock tank which I'm pretty positive you don't have

The black overlays are like a thin plastic that is probably secured by some type of adhesive, and besides from the black protectors the tank on mine and the tank in the picture of the 06 XC look the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not super familiar with KTM's of that era but looking at Rocky Mountain's OEM parts it does look like the 06 525XC cane with a tank that has built in shrouds which Looks like what your bike has. So I was wrong thinking you had an aftermarket tank.

 

But it still looks like your tank is the same shape as the more common tank and shrouds from other models so graphics from an SX or EXC would probably fit fine and I would peel the black off if you find some graphics you like.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The polyethylene tanks won't accept a decal kit. The plastic is microscopically porous and the gasoline permeates through and dissolves the adhesive. The tanks came with a painted on graphic which eventually wears off. I just gave up with trying to get something to work. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Betarocker said:

The polyethylene tanks won't accept a decal kit. The plastic is microscopically porous and the gasoline permeates through and dissolves the adhesive. The tanks came with a painted on graphic which eventually wears off. I just gave up with trying to get something to work. 

So a kit would fit, it just wouldnt last long? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zarzaur said:

So a kit would fit, it just wouldnt last long? 

They usually install vent holes in the decals for the tank, it helps alittle.  Id say an oem tank, decals have less trouble than an aftermarket, cause the oem tends to be thicker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×