Askew Float Needle Valve Seat?

I put a new o-ring around the float needle valve seat and when I push it back in it doesn't sink in as much as it did before (understandable as the old one was 15 years old).

But now I'm worried because if I screw in the screw that keeps it from falling out it sits slightly askew from the pressure on only one side (the old o-ring was stuff enough to not have this issue). Am I doing something wrong or should I just not screw it in all the way? Also, if I do so I'm going to have to adjust he float height as the needle will sit higher as well.

Thoughts/ideas?

Edited by KevinIsInUse

On 9/14/2017 at 5:46 PM, KevinIsInUse said:

I put a new o-ring around the float needle valve seat and when I push it back in it doesn't sink in as much as it did before (understandable as the old one was 15 years old).

But now I'm worried because if I screw in the screw that keeps it from falling out it sits slightly askew from the pressure on only one side (the old o-ring was stuff enough to not have this issue). Am I doing something wrong or should I just not screw it in all the way? Also, if I do so I'm going to have to adjust he float height as the needle will sit higher as well.

Thoughts/ideas?

OEM part?