Tank

Hi, Im looking forward to purchasing a gas tank cover and want to know exactly what Models of ( CRF250R/ CRF450R & CRF250X/ CRF450X ) and years are compatible with my 2009 CRF250X.

I believe all parts on the CRF250X are compatible with the CRF250R 04-05? Is this correct? What 450R years are compatible with the CRF250X ??

Thanks

1 hour ago, Enduro28 said:

Hi, Im looking forward to purchasing a gas tank cover and want to know exactly what Models of ( CRF250R/ CRF450R & CRF250X/ CRF450X ) and years are compatible with my 2009 CRF250X.

I believe all parts on the CRF250X are compatible with the CRF250R 04-05? Is this correct? What 450R years are compatible with the CRF250X ??

Thanks

If you are looking to mount a 250R tank so that you can use a tank cover designed for the R models then any 04-09 250R tank can be used, no 450R tanks, body work,or seats will fit onto the 250X. You will also need the front gas tank bracket from the X tank mounted to the R tank or else you'll need to drill and tap a new hole in the frame to use the R tank bracket.

• Like 2

If you are looking to mount a 250R tank so that you can use a tank cover designed for the R models then any 04-09 250R tank can be used, no 450R tanks, body work,or seats will fit onto the 250X. You will also need the front gas tank bracket from the X tank mounted to the R tank or else you'll need to drill and tap a new hole in the frame to use the R tank bracket.

Thanks for the info! I rounded up my choices.. so will a tank cover for a CRF250R 04-05 bolt on into a CRF250X 2009?
I do recall earlier CRF250x had slightly bigger and wider tanks I think.

14 hours ago, Enduro28 said:

Thanks for the info! I rounded up my choices.. so will a tank cover for a CRF250R 04-05 bolt on into a CRF250X 2009?
I do recall earlier CRF250x had slightly bigger and wider tanks I think.

Will not fit any of the X tanks.

When I purchased new shrouds for my 2012 250X their label indicated they were for an early (2004-?) 250R. They required slight finessing, but work fine.

Speaking of X/R parts interchanges, one great tip I picked up here was to use the early R air filter screw in place of the stock X screw. It's slightly longer and really eases air filter installation.

• Like 1