Transmission help!!

7 hours ago, Ayeecole said:

One side is off? 

If one case half is off it can be a bit difficult shifting through the gears. It will feel like it wants to hang up a little. Just count as you shift, you will have to spin/wobble the shafts a bit once in a while. As long as you can shift the correct number of times, you're golden. Looks good from the pic though....

• Like 3

If one case half is off it can be a bit difficult shifting through the gears. It will feel like it wants to hang up a little. Just count as you shift, you will have to spin/wobble the shafts a bit once in a while. As long as you can shift the correct number of times, you're golden. Looks good from the pic though....
[/quote
Is there such thing as tightening case too much? Once it close up and I was tightening it more it was a lil click I heard & then when I was tightening the shifter on the shaft I heard a pop as in something popped off ??‍♂️ but I can text you a video of my trying to shift it it only makes 2 clicks ( shifts) while spinning shaft I'm a just put ask fluids in the bike and start it

Everybody has their own way of doing things but if this bike were mine I would replace the shift forks, the locating pins and the drum and the shift stopper as a routine maintenance thing at this point. The motor is already apart and the cost is not overwhelming and face it, it's an old bike.

don't force any engine components together if it doesn't feel right. if some thing is misaligned it will usually cause some resistance if forced it can cause damage.

I found these pix don't know if theyl help il keep looking. thought they might explain the shift fork location. I got them from here.

https://www.southbayriders.com/forums/threads/144040/

for the nominal cost its best to get a workshop manual to suit your year and model would explain a lot and save some headaches.

yz250 g box.jpg

yz250 g box 2.jpg