Roczen then Tomac

Roczen had a rough outing in SX in 2016... then pretty well dominated outdoors.

Tomac suffered from arm pump and struggled in SX at the first few rounds, then began rockin' it.

What do I think made the difference for them?... it's a matter that's top secret, it's a "If I tell ya I'll have to kill ya" thing.

Spring forks. [emoji106] [emoji469]

• Like 1

Tomac suffered from arm pump and struggled in SX at the first few rounds, then began rockin' it.

What do I think made the difference for them?... it's a matter that's top secret, it's a "If I tell ya I'll have to kill ya" thing.

Spring forks. [emoji106] [emoji469]

Is this a fact? It wouldn't surprise me. The whole air fork revolution was based upon bikes being so heavy they would do whatever they could to lose 2lbs. Now I just watched the very first 450 shootout the weight gain from spring forks is being talked about. It sucks that 450cc bikes are a standard. I would prefer a 325-375cc open class bike that was more inline with what Ktm is offering weight wise. Although only 1lb less than the 450sxf. I think the Japanese would be able to drop some tonnage and benefit from a smaller displacement.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, phantom451 said:

Is this a fact? It wouldn't surprise me. The whole air fork revolution was based upon bikes being so heavy they would do whatever they could to lose 2lbs. Now I just watched the very first 450 shootout the weight gain from spring forks is being talked about. It sucks that 450cc bikes are a standard. I would prefer a 325-375cc open class bike that was more inline with what Ktm is offering weight wise. Although only 1lb less than the 450sxf. I think the Japanese would be able to drop some tonnage and benefit from a smaller displacement.

I read there was 2 lbs difference between the 350 and 450. 222 vs 224.  Why not just get rid of the 350 if it is that close.  If someone cant handle the 450 power, give em a 350 emulation map.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Husa your Daddy? said:

Spring forks.

Nope, not spring forks. The difference for Tomac was triple clamps and a link that made the bike more rear bias. Roczens change was a triple clamp that allowed more flex. 

I know for a fact that Roczen ran air, and I know that the forks of choice by the majority of factory guys are KYB PSF1s, which are air. 

• Like 4

I read there was 2 lbs difference between the 350 and 450. 222 vs 224.  Why not just get rid of the 350 if it is that close.  If someone cant handle the 450 power, give em a 350 emulation map.

I'm one of the flat earthers that believes a smaller engine rotating mass makes the bike handle better.
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Husa your Daddy? said:

Spring forks.

Didn't Roczen win like 6-7 Sx races that year? I don't think it was that rough. Dungey was just on it that year...

• Like 2