G2 Throttle Tamer vs Motion Pro Rev

I was originally only looking at the G2 product for my yz250fx, but then fell onto the Motion Pro product. Motion Pro is double the price, and I cant seem to find a lot of reviews on it. I have seen the G2 mentioned on this forum a number of times. I am leaning towards to G2, but just thought I would see if there were any reviews from someone who has used both.

Goal - reducing the on/off lurch from initial throttle opening.

• Like 1

People that use them really like the G2, but first, you have to ask yourself a question.  Why do you need one?  If it were really necessary in the bike's design then the manufacturer would build the bike with a similar type throttle.  Look at the way you ride before you shell out the bucks, IMHO.

People that use them really like the G2, but first, you have to ask yourself a question.  Why do you need one?  If it were really necessary in the bike's design then the manufacturer would build the bike with a similar type throttle.  Look at the way you ride before you shell out the bucks, IMHO.

Ive been riding the bike for a year now. A lot of the time I dont need any changes; I use the clutch to modulate speed. However, with all the rain we have had this year, the trails are toast! Rocks and roots everywhere. More so than normal. Last weekend I was out and when I started getting tired is when I really felt that I could do without the twitchy throttle. Plus, I have been riding more technical terrain in general this year, along with some hand issues Im working through, I feel that one of these products may help me out. Im also looking at a set of flex bars.
Get the tuner I did this on my 450fx, mess around with maps u can get the twitch gone 

Tuner is 3 times the price of the G2 and 2 times the price of the motion pro.
  • Like 1

i actually know the wanckets (owners of g2 ergo) and actually live very close to their hq
i have used all of their products and i cannot own a bike with out a g2 throttle cam setup, also their bark busters are some of the toughest around. 
i usually have a 3 or 400 for most aplications but on my 250f i really like the quick turn cam. 
best part is the few g2 bark busters ive bent i've taken to sam, or given to cody to give to sam, and he usually helps out on a new set. 
they're proud of their work and they're a great group of racers to do business with 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nevada Al said:

The g2 does work very well.  I run the medium cam and it makes a difference when your exhausted and riding technical terrain.

Never heard of the Motion Pro product..

i will say that was the first thing i noticed when i put one on my 05 rm250. about an hour in to a race i could still hang on (kinda) it smoothed it out nicely. the nice thing about that g2 stuff is if you have a problem with it you give sam a call and he'll do his best to take care of you and remedy it (as long as youre being polite) 

• Like 1

Don't personally use one but I use a lot of Motion Pro stuff so was slightly interest.

Rev2 Throttle and video

https://www.motionpro.com/featured/rev2_throttle

rev2-throttle-diagram.jpg

contents-offroad.jpg

IMO for the $164, your getting not just the tamer but some high quality cables, throttle housing, tube, cams etc and would be something I would look at if I was in the market for something like this.

Anyway just my 2 cents

• Like 1

4 hours ago, XRalways said:

No doubt they make good stuff; I just cant find the information Im looking for, on their product.

You can call G2 and find out anything you want to know about their product. They will also find you a different spool (they have round ones too) for special requirements/desires. I have G2 throttle tubes on 3 bikes, at least two of them were customized per my request after consulting them.

Edited by motovita
  • Like 1

mapping and tuning and G2 throttle tamer serves two different purposes. Throttle tamer turns your fuel injection feel into a carb feel right off throttle. Instead of "on/off" it can roll on and roll off without surge. Mapping isn't going to do that.

I tried and tried and tried to get rid of the surge on mine. Finally got a G2, and it was well worth it. The bike is still a monster, but it's a little more tame on the single. Mapping helped, throttle tamer helped more. 

• Like 1