Blast from the past! DRZ475TT

39 minutes ago, HansLanda said:

Bet that thing rips! Nice vintage Eddies too.

I raced a 600hp Dodge Viper in Carmel Mountain Ranch outside of San Diego, light to light. In the 1/8th mile, I pulled him, but after that, he'd have pulled away. It pulled hard enough from a stop to give you a bit of vertigo. :goofy:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bryan Bosch said:

I raced a 600hp Dodge Viper in Carmel Mountain Ranch outside of San Diego, light to light. In the 1/8th mile, I pulled him, but after that, he'd have pulled away. It pulled hard enough from a stop to give you a bit of vertigo. :goofy:

so.................. it ran like a stock aprilia 550?

LOL

1 hour ago, Bryan Bosch said:

I've never ridden the appy, but if that's the case, it must be fast! ;)

I hopped off my 434 and onto my friend's 550, and it shot me to the back of the seat. He had used the wrong cleaning product and basically greased the seat though haha!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HansLanda said:

I hopped off my 434 and onto my friend's 550, and it shot me to the back of the seat. He had used the wrong cleaning product and basically greased the seat though haha!

I helped pit for a racer at an endurocross race in Vegas and just before he left for a heat I said, "Bike's ready to go... Amour All'd the seat too." I was acting serious and the look on his face was priceless. :smirk:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EnglertRacing said:

so.................. it ran like a stock aprilia 550?

LOL

"2007 APRILLIA SXV550 currently being reworked"

Yeah when you get it back from it's $4k engine rebuild I guess it does. :)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Bryan Bosch said:

I helped pit for a racer at an endurocross race in Vegas and just before he left for a heat I said, "Bike's ready to go... Amour All'd the seat too." I was acting serious and the look on his face was priceless. :smirk:

back in 2001, a buddy of mine bought a honda f3 from a dealership.  he was pretty new at riding and on the way back, he kept saying that he was sliding around on the seats and the tires felt really slippery.  i told him to stop being a pussy and just toss it into the turns, ya know, what any responsible 21 year old would say :devil:.  when we finally made it to our destination, he was adamant about the slippy seat and tires.  i took a closer look, and sure as shit, the dealership armour alled the seat and tires.  i couldn't believe it.

Edited by corey4

1 hour ago, corey4 said:

i took a closer look, and sure as shit, the dealership armour alled the seat and tires.  i couldn't believe it.

I can, unfortunately.

You can buy a whole lot of tools to do the job right, for what you'd pay the stealership to do the job wrong.

2 hours ago, Bermudacat said:

I can, unfortunately.

You can buy a whole lot of tools to do the job right, for what you'd pay the stealership to do the job wrong.

I just got a truck, and the dealership armor all'd the bed! My bike and I almost both fell out first time i tried to load it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Atolduso said:

"2007 APRILLIA SXV550 currently being reworked"

Yeah when you get it back from it's $4k engine rebuild I guess it does. :)

no, I don't get, anything back from anywhere....

It's sitting on my bench, with billet sleeves that I designed, cp pistons I had made, custom case machining for the billet sleeves that I did myself on a 100k cnc mill.  The heads have custom moldstar 90 seats and custom moldstar 22 guides..  that again I designed. And the bike is on the stand with a dummy engine so I can build the exhaust while I have my billet cylinders plated. The heads have been on the flow bench, they are done with the larger valves, chamber modification, and a slick valve job and portwork. Changes to the better piston and ring package.  Should be between 85 and 90 horsepower 

I usually go a bit extreme on things.

Progress has been slow on the bike because I built 5 or 6 Jawa speedway engines, with quite a few one off parts, and I did a small production run of exhausts,  and 2 race cars that were 60% one off deals.  And currently there's a 410" sprint car motor going together in my living room slated to make 900+

Again going the extra mile on stuff down to the finest detail takes a lot of time.

Anyhow, the sleeve trick I'm pulling should solve all head gasket problems.

See I don't think you understand the problems with the bike, they used the wrong case sealant on some fine bits of the case, like using orange silicone instead of threebond, (Honda bond/yama bond). Then leaked coolant into the oil and ruined the bearings, that was strike one for the reputation....

But that's super old news...

A flaw in the wet sleeves' design (bottom stop) instead of a top stop, leads to chronic head gasket failure in the 550cc version, strike 2

The rest of the engine aside from the ti exhaust valves which are equivalent to Honda's wear rate... is just fine., intake valves, no wear, pistons and sleeves no wear, rod, crank, and associated bearings, no wear,  trans and clutch are actually bad ass units no wear.

Every dweeb that wants to knock them likes to say they "blow up"... no they don't, they don't grenade, blow up, wear out or anything like that, they "blow" the black coating off the multi layer steel head gasket in a 3/8" X 1/8" wide strip on the exhaust side of the head, and really nothing happens but you loose 1/4" of coolant per hour and if a neglectful dickhead doesn't notice well, everyone knows what happens when you run out of coolant.

So all they need is exhaust valves (stainless or ti crf250 valves actually work with a little change to the valve job) and an occasional head gasket replacement.

Whoever is paying 4g for a head gasket replacement should sell all mechanical devices they own and get a themselves a nice pink tutu to prance around in.

So next time you want to bash use facts like this

Geez drz are heavy and slow

317lbs 40hp..

They can be built. Built ones, and I won't say they are slow... but, they are certainly not faster than a mx bike. And they are still heavy.

They are heavier than an xr650, and make power in the 250f realm

If you live anywhere out side of Cali, you have no excuse to ride such a pig when you can plate a crf450x or an xr650r

See I've ridden a drz...

If you rode a 20+lb lighter bike (the sxv is 300 in street trim) that made 75hp you would look at things differently...... it's quite eye opening.... 

It rides light like a mx bike.... and the power is quite smooth flat torque curve... doesn't do anything crazy unless you ask it to.

Have a good weekend wrestling your pig. Clueless basher.

Edited by EnglertRacing
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, EnglertRacing said:

It's sitting on my bench, with billet sleeves that I designed, cp pistons I had made, custom case machining for the billet sleeves that I did myself on a 100k cnc mill.  The heads have custom moldstar 90 seats and custom moldstar 22 guides..  that again I designed. And the bike is on the stand with a dummy engine so I can build the exhaust while I have my billet cylinders plated. The heads have been on the flow bench, they are done with the larger valves, chamber modification, and a slick valve job and portwork. Changes to the better piston and ring package.  Should be between 85 and 90 horsepower 

Progress has been slow on the bike because I built 5 or 6 Jawa speedway engines, with quite a few one off parts, and I did a small production run of exhausts,  and 2 race cars that were 60% one off deals.  And currently there's a 410" sprint car motor going together in my living room slated to make 900+

Again going the extra mile on stuff down to the finest detail takes a lot of time.

See I don't think you understand the problems with the bike, they used the wrong case sealant on some fine bits of the case, like using orange silicone instead of threebond, (Honda bond/yama bond). Then leaked coolant into the oil and ruined the bearings, that was strike one for the reputation....

A flaw in the wet sleeves' design (bottom stop) instead of a top stop, leads to chronic head gasket failure in the 550cc version, strike 2

The rest of the engine aside from the ti exhaust valves which are equivalent to Honda's wear rate... is just fine., intake valves, no wear, pistons and sleeves no wear, rod, crank, and associated bearings, no wear,  trans and clutch are actually bad ass units no wear.

Every dweeb that wants to knock them likes to say they "blow up"... no they don't, they don't grenade, blow up, wear out or anything like that, they "blow" the black coating off the multi layer steel head gasket in a 3/8" X 1/8" wide strip on the exhaust side of the head, and really nothing happens but you loose 1/4" of coolant per hour and if a neglectful dickhead doesn't notice well, everyone knows what happens when you run out of coolant.

So all they need is exhaust valves (stainless or ti crf250 valves actually work with a little change to the valve job) and an occasional head gasket replacement.

Whoever is paying 4g for a head gasket replacement should sell all mechanical devices they own and get a themselves a nice pink tutu to prance around in.

317lbs 40hp..

They can be built. Built ones, and I won't say they are slow... but, they are certainly not faster than a mx bike. And they are still heavy.

If you live anywhere out side of Cali, you have no excuse to ride such a pig when you can plate a crf450x or an xr650r

See I've ridden a drz...

If you rode a 20+lb lighter bike (the sxv is 300 in street trim) that made 75hp you would look at things differently...... it's quite eye opening.... 

It rides light like a mx bike.... and the power is quite smooth flat torque curve... doesn't do anything crazy unless you ask it to.

Easy son... It just forum banter. If you like your Appy, that's all that matters.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, EnglertRacing said:

317lbs 40hp..

See I've ridden a drz...

Lets get the facts straight..................

317 wet and closer to 33hp stock

DRZ's are an enduro, not an MX bike. That's a little like telling a Harley rider he should have bought a Ducati, because they're a lighter odd-fire V twin. Yamaha is the only manufacturer I know of that advertises  a wet weight for their bike. Why do they advertise wet weight? Because they make the lightest, most reliable enduro in the world. Guess what? a WR450 made plate-able with a Baja Designs kit is 271+8 pounds. A DRZE with a Baja Deigns kit is 265+8 pounds.

NEXT, the XR650 is a pig with a piston and combustion chamber that dates back to the air cooled era. Hardly a model of modern efficiency OR reliability.

Anyway, I won't 'bore' you with lowly DRZ, but while we're on the subject of boring, what is the runout of those cylinders you made on a VF3? I'll be impressed when you have over 5k on it.

So, if the tutu matches your skin color, wear it!

Besides, nothing is slower than a bike with a blown engine. :busted:

Edited by Bermudacat
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, HansLanda said:

I just got a truck, and the dealership armor all'd the bed! My bike and I almost both fell out first time i tried to load it.

Dawn dishwashing detergent. Works best on welding hood lenses too. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

no, I don't get, anything back from anywhere.... It's sitting on my bench, with billet sleeves that I designed, cp pistons I had made, custom case machining for the billet sleeves that I did myself on a 100k cnc mill.  The heads have custom moldstar 90 seats and custom moldstar 22 guides..  that again I designed. And the bike is on the stand with a dummy engine so I can build the exhaust while I have my billet cylinders plated. The heads have been on the flow bench, they are done with the larger valves, chamber modification, and a slick valve job and portwork. Changes to the better piston and ring package.  Should be between 85 and 90 horsepower 

317lbs 40hp..

See I've ridden a drz...

Hey buddy, remember me? I haven't seen you for a while over on Squid Rider? I was worried you joined Poser Dot Com or worse yet, had an accident again picking the bugs off your white Icon jacket while riding down the road. Anyway, thanks for the tip about shoving the tube socks in my pants before I walk into a bar, worked like you said. Hopefully I see you again at Posers, Hosers, and Poof's ride for Gay Italian Bike Rider Awareness. We're expecting a big turn out again, remember last year! UNST, UNST, UNST! Bet you had a hard time riding afterwards

Stay frosty bruh

• Like 5

317lbs 40hp..

See I've ridden a drz...

How bouts some facts
Screenshot_20170916-102936.pngScreenshot_20170916-103207.pngScreenshot_20170916-103425.png
SVX550
300lb/62hp = power to weight of 4.834

Meyers Racing DRZ
313lbs/65hp = power to weight of 4.815

KTM SXF 450
225lbs/58hp = power to weight of 3.879

Like it or not, the Aprilia is actually closer to the DRZ than an MX bike.
  • Like 2