04 crf250x rear spring

I'm looking to get a heavier spring weight since mine is stock and I weight almost 190. What other years and model springs will fit on the 04 crf250x? I've been looking on eBay to try to find a used one. Any help at all would be great. Thanks!

I'm looking to get a heavier spring weight since mine is stock and I weight almost 190. What other years and model springs will fit on the 04 crf250x? I've been looking on eBay to try to find a used one. Any help at all would be great. Thanks!

Hey! I bought my 2004 crf250x off a big old fella that claimed to weigh 230lbs and he said he swapped the OEM spring out for an “Ebach” spring. I know it’s good for heavier riders forsure

https://eibach.com/de/en/motorsport/products/motorcycle-springs-ems

this is their website. You migth run into the automobile spring section but RMR suspensions ordered it for me and whatnot so I don’t really know where to buy them other than a motocrycle shop which I highly recommend because they set the sag and rebound for your exact weight and riding type

To save yourself the cost of buying a brand new spring,

find a suspension shop near you and ask them if they have pre-owned take offs from a '04-'09 CRF250R (MX version),

the 5.2 - 5.3 kg/mm rate will be in the ballpark for your weight.

Myself at 165lbs run a 5.3 as a tuning preference (less initial preload)

so you perhaps you might even try running a 5.4 - 5.5 

Using the Race Tech product search I would say no they don't interchange

as the '09 450R looks to use a different series of shock springs.

According the their listings :

2002-2008 CRF450R 

2004-2013 CRF250R

and all model years of the CRF450X

seem to be the compatible to interchange on any model year CRF250X.

Edited by mlatour

Ok thanks! ... but could you make one work? Looks like the 450 spring is just a little shorter.

Not sure about the difference of the various series springs,

but depending how short (doubt it's major) it could go it coil bind in the wrong application.

(due to different linkage leverage ratios) or, run out of threads on the shock body to obtain the proper ride height.

Perhaps save yourself some future headaches and stick to known 100% compatible springs.

Edited by mlatour

One is a 255 and one is 267 in height. But yeah to save a headache your probably right. Ha. Thanks.