EBC 280mm Rotor and Relocated Bracket

I have a EBC Rotor (280mm) an relocated bracket that I had on my 2011 YZ450F.

I have a 2015 YZ250 smoker that has a 270mm rotor on it an relocater bracket.

I bought me an extra set of Tusk Rims for my YZ250 and was wonder If I could use the EBC rotor on New rims an the EBC locater bracket on caliper.

It seems to fit even though the EBC set up was bought for my 2011 YZ450.

My stock rim on my 250 has a 270mm Rotor and I had different relocater bracket on before the EBC one.

Just wondering when I switched front wheels if the 270mm oversized rotor would work in the EBC bracket ok,even though it's 10mm smaller that the EBC rotor1505503244752.jpeg1505503282873.jpeg1505503316588.jpeg1505503437581.jpeg

I wouldn't do it.  The bracket for the 280 rotor will move it too far away from center for the 270 rotor.  If it were me I would get another 280 rotor (not part of a kit, so no bracket etc.) and put it on the stock wheel.

I looked on rocky mtn atvmc at the part number for the EBC kit for a 2011 YZ450 that's like the one I have. Then looked up for a 15 YZ250 and part #'s are the same,....so the EBC kit is compatible for 2011 450 and guessing from 2010 and up YZ250 smoker.

Guess what I could do when I swapped out rims is.......just change the Relocater bracket for each Rotor. Doesn't take long, just pull the 2 caliper bolts and unscrew that long arm off the bracket or just get another one.

Would this be a good way?

The other rotor (270mm)and bracket is by Streamline.

Yeah, I wasn't trying to say that the bracket shouldn't go on, but just that you shouldn't mix a 280 bracket with a 270 rotor.  If you are willing to swap the bracket out with the wheel, that's the way to go.  Otherwise use the same size rotor on both wheels so they fit the bracket as it was designed.  When guys start talking about mods/hacks to either brakes or throttles, it makes me nervous! ?

Yeah, I wasn't trying to say that the bracket shouldn't go on, but just that you shouldn't mix a 280 bracket with a 270 rotor.  If you are willing to swap the bracket out with the wheel, that's the way to go.  Otherwise use the same size rotor on both wheels so they fit the bracket as it was designed.  When guys start talking about mods/hacks to either brakes or throttles, it makes me nervous! [emoji4]

Went on eBay and by luck found a EBC Rotor with the bracket used only one time and in perfect condition. Made a offer of $70 and they took it.
  • Like 2

Just now, CaptainKnobby said:

Went on eBay and by luck found a EBC Rotor with the bracket used only one time and in perfect condition. Made a offer of $70 and they took it.

Nice!  You could just turn around and sell the bracket too, and make back some cash.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CaptainKnobby said:

I believe where the EBC rotor is thicker it makes the lever pull a little stiffer. Doesn't have that mushy feeling now.
Brakes are superb now and makes stopping 5x's better Now. Worth the$$$

I have the Galfer wave oversize rotor and stainless steel lines waiting to be put on. Also have the newer smaller style caliper I may swap at the same time. What is a favorite for brake pads?

I have the Galfer wave oversize rotor and stainless steel lines waiting to be put on. Also have the newer smaller style caliper I may swap at the same time. What is a favorite for brake pads?

As far as pads go.... i usually just all ways get the ones that are rated for MX for mud and generally they are the EBC brand pads.