2013 350 SX-F Bogging

Getting desperate for a solution to the sons 350.  Bike has been bogging and blowing voltage regulators. I think it is on the 3rd regulator at the moment which is getting kind of expensive. Normally bogs when hot and then the regulator is blown. I've changed both fuel filters, valve job, new top end, new regulators, new fuel pump relay and an extra ground from battery to starter but the issue persists. Is my next guess a fuel pump? Or is there something else I am missing?

No. Stator was my 2nd choice over fuel pump but I guess the stator is more easily measured? I can swap his fuel tank for mine when it starts acting up (we both ride 350 different years.) I just didn't think the stator would cause a bogg.

Edited by dwighop

Not that I saw on many many occasions but I will look again. Will the stator cause it to bog down? I was just convinced it was fuel supply.

It's hard to say.  Fix it regardless.  Were they up against the subframe?

On the stator, I was just suggesting it since you said you have been through 3 regulators already.  Other than Hondas i haven't seen reg issues out of any other bike.

On things that would cause the bog issue you really have to narrow it down to a few things(in my mind)

1. Fuel

2. Spark

With it happening with the bike hot it leads me to think its an electrical issue that could either relate to spark or fuel.  I haven't had to troubleshoot any FI problems like this but i have come across an issue where a coil would act up when warm.

I don't think they had been touching the frame but potentially each other. And a short to the relay could create the fuel supply issue.

Stator measured ok. Comparing the 2 bikes I've got they measured the same. I hate the thought of taping up the wires, ordering a new regulator in hopes that is the issue.