Fork seal replacement help needed

RSU forks typically are held together by the top cap threading to the damping rod. Been a year since I've been into mine.

Try here;

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=2006+Gas+Gas+300+txt+fork+seal+replacement

One important note: Back your clickers all the way out when you re-assemble your forks. Cleanliness is Godliness, yada yada.................... :D

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bermudacat said:

RSU forks typically are held together by the top cap threading to the damping rod. Been a year since I've been into mine.

Try here;

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=2006+Gas+Gas+300+txt+fork+seal+replacement

One important note: Back your clickers all the way out when you re-assemble your forks. Cleanliness is Godliness, yada yada.................... :D

31 minutes ago, Slicing-Air said:

Youtube

I have looked through a bunch of those videos and unfortunately non of them have a good start to finish "how to" on replacing the fork seals.  I don't want to get started only to realize that I don't know a few steps.

• Like 2

You dont need any spcial tools, to pull the seal pull out the cir clip and pull both halfs of the fork apart. To get the seal on the lower fork put grease on the inside of the seal and cut a ziplock bag diagonally and put that over the lower fork leg and slide the new seal on. To seat the new seal; leave the old fork seal on the bottom half then put the new seal on. Then when you put the 2 halfs together, use the old fork seal to seat/drive the new one by pushing it down on top and using a rubber mallet. Then just cut the old fork seal off.

4 minutes ago, sixdaysoffun said:

You dont need any spcial tools, to pull the seal pull out the cir clip and pull both halfs of the fork apart. To get the seal on the lower fork put grease on the inside of the seal and cut a ziplock bag diagonally and put that over the lower fork leg and slide the new seal on. To seat the new seal; leave the old fork seal on the bottom half then put the new seal on. Then when you put the 2 halfs together, use the old fork seal to seat/drive the new one by pushing it down on top and using a rubber mallet. Then just cut the old fork seal off.

You do realize that the Gas Gas txt doesn't have USD's right?

4 minutes ago, sixdaysoffun said:

Apparently not.

4 hours ago, JHensel said:

I have looked through a bunch of those videos and unfortunately non of them have a good start to finish "how to" on replacing the fork seals.  I don't want to get started only to realize that I don't know a few steps.

Do you have the manual for the bike? ?

• 2 weeks later...