Uneven idle

I have a yz85 it runs beautifully and will idle for ever but the idle will go up in down like right before it stalled it will zoom up in rpm's then go back down I thought it was just a 2 stroke thing then read on another thread that it was a problem

Is it or is it just a 2 stroke thing

I have a yz85 it runs beautifully and will idle for ever but the idle will go up in down like right before it stalled it will zoom up in rpm's then go back down I thought it was just a 2 stroke thing then read on another thread that it was a problem

Is it or is it just a 2 stroke thing

Sounds like the needle and seat needs to be cleaned. I think there is not enough fuel flowing into the bowl. When the bike runs low of fuel in the bowl of the carb it creates a lean condition causing the rpms to increase. The first two things I would check is to make sure you are getting a good flow of gas from the fuel tank to the carb. Check the fuel petcock. Next clean the needle and seat which regulates the fuel flow into the carb. The float also controls the fuel flow as it is attached to the needle and seat.

Sounds like the needle and seat needs to be cleaned. I think there is not enough fuel flowing into the bowl. When the bike runs low of fuel in the bowl of the carb it creates a lean condition causing the rpms to increase. The first two things I would check is to make sure you are getting a good flow of gas from the fuel tank to the carb. Check the fuel petcock. Next clean the needle and seat which regulates the fuel flow into the carb. The float also controls the fuel flow as it is attached to the needle and seat.

Okay will do the last carb and near clean was a month ago but it only does this after idleing for like 7-10 minutes then it starts doing it

Ok. Definitely make sure you're getting a good fuel flow from the tank....

The video won't load but do I just take the guilt hose off the carb then turn the gas on

The video won't load but do I just take the guilt hose off the carb then turn the gas on

Yes... that's all.