Embarrassing post. Update...

Left an oil cap partially loose on a small plane once.  Mayday-mayday-mayday...but it was just oil splashing on the windshield.  ?

You'll probably never forget again, until you do. 

I went riding at Manchester State Park yesterday. Been hellishly hot here, so was pleased with mid 80s and a light breeze. Was putting on my helmet, ready to hit the trails, when I noticed how wonderfully cool the breeze was. Man it felt great! Then I realized I didn't have my pants on. Just padded compression shorts, knee braces, armor, gloves, boots and all! Thankfully Manchester is almost always deserted. ?

Edited by LSHD
  • Like 11

4 hours ago, Dane Richardson said:

One time my brother forgot to turn the gas on on his bike and a few minutes later he came walking back with his bike after it ran out of gas in the carb

I've done that a couple times and always ended up chucking a perfectly good sparkplug into the woods before I realized the petcock was off.

• Like 4

We have all had that moment. Ran with the choke on half the day wondering why my big 4 stroke ran so bad.  

Buddy of mine borrowed his brothers bike. Ran all day with a shopping bag half covering the air filter. 

Yep, em bare assing. 

Edited by P84ONE

Serviced my air filter before heading out to ride the next day. Drove 50 miles to the nearest trail. I had a short window of time to ride before the day's commitments would take over.

Bike fired up and I spent a few minutes warming up the engine. The motor died as soon as I put it in gear.

Gas on? Check. Kick, kick, kick.

Spark plug cap snugged down? Check. Kick, kick, kick. 

I pulled off my helmet and got out my tools. Was there spark? Check. Reinstalled the plug and kicked some more.

Then my time was up. My window had passed.

It turned out I had left a paper towel in the airboot. A shred of paper towel was stuck on the carb needle. I'm just glad it hadn't been sucked into the engine.

That's when I bought a real airbox wash cover.

• Like 1

Stopped at a gas station to fill my gas can on the way out to the desert, 65 miles away. When I got to the desert I realized I left the gas can next to the pump, when I went inside to pay.

(Back in the day you filled and then you paid) I bummed some gas from a buddy and luckily my gas can was still there, when I went back. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Ron W said:

Stopped at a gas station to fill my gas can on the way out to the desert, 65 miles away. When I got to the desert I realized I left the gas can next to the pump, when I went inside to pay.

(Back in the day you filled and then you paid) I bummed some gas from a buddy and luckily my gas can was still there, when I went back. 

Pretty lucky it was still there

3 hours ago, Ron W said:

do you guys in america pay before you pump ?

On 9/17/2017 at 9:16 AM, Ryan Dickensheets said:

I was the guy with the newish yzx. Had coolant on bottom of engine. I was pissed. Vented here.

Update: The rad cap was not on completely. Yes I did that. I will own it.

Ok out. RYAN in NM. Cheers.

If it makes you feel better, I know a guy who forgot to tighten the drain plug on his CRF250.

His problem was far worse than yours :goofy:

• Like 2

If it makes you feel better, I know a guy who forgot to tighten the drain plug on his CRF250.
His problem was far worse than yours :goofy:

I may have done that on my WR450F one time, out in a sand dune area in NM. I couldn't figure out why sand was sticking to my left boot. Finally looked at the lower left side of the case...drain plug missing...crap! Still had some oil in the transmission side, though, and was only a mile or two from the truck, but man I was worried. 100 engine hours later, still running fine.
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, KevinTwoStk said:

Serviced my air filter before heading out to ride the next day. Drove 50 miles to the nearest trail. I had a short window of time to ride before the day's commitments would take over.

Bike fired up and I spent a few minutes warming up the engine. The motor died as soon as I put it in gear.

Gas on? Check. Kick, kick, kick.

Spark plug cap snugged down? Check. Kick, kick, kick. 

I pulled off my helmet and got out my tools. Was there spark? Check. Reinstalled the plug and kicked some more.

Then my time was up. My window had passed.

It turned out I had left a paper towel in the airboot. A shred of paper towel was stuck on the carb needle. I'm just glad it hadn't been sucked into the engine.

That's when I bought a real airbox wash cover.

Did the exact same thing a few months ago. Tried pull starting it with the truck. Swapped the plug multiple times. Went to pull the carb and found the paper towel.