Hotcam stage 1 in , hotter engine ?

Hi , would a intake stage 1 with oem EX make the engine run hotter or overheat at very low speed ? 

You'll just need to adjust your jetting and idle circuit to match that configuration.  If these changes you make are done without changes to the amount of air/fuel coming in and creates a lean condition that should be the only reason you start raising the engine temp.  Sounds like you are shooting for more low end torque with that setup?

6 minutes ago, WesternMDMtnMan said:

You'll just need to adjust your jetting and idle circuit to match that configuration.  If these changes you make are done without changes to the amount of air/fuel coming in and creates a lean condition that should be the only reason you start raising the engine temp.  Sounds like you are shooting for more low end torque with that setup?

yes i am , really like slow technical wood riding even if i dont have the right bike (fcr and e base gasket help a lot)  i was going big bore until i started reading about  overheating problems , thanks for tips , just orderd the cam .

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

If you can cancel it and order the just the stage 2 intake cam you'll actually have more bottom end power.

Stage2  has longer duration I think , also hotcam say stage 1 for bottom , I'm talking about the  new cams 2249 ,  what do you think? Other option is a brand new e cam from dealer , not to late to cancel early Monday 

What they sell now as "Stage 2" was once upon a time actually Stage 1. When I first bought my DRZ ,they only offered 1 set of cams (2006). 2003-1In( original Stage 2) was available, but officially dropped.

Anyway, using the intake only was for low end and adding the exhaust was for more mid to top.

The current stage 2 is pretty close to the "E" and much cheaper.

5 minutes ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

What they sell now as "Stage 2" was once upon a time actually Stage 1. When I first bought my DRZ ,they only offered 1 set of cams (2006). 2003-1In( original Stage 2) was available, but officially dropped.

Anyway, using the intake only was for low end and adding the exhaust was for more mid to top.

The current stage 2 is pretty close to the "E" and much cheaper.

I guess stage 2 it will be ,thanks 

• Like 1