Any good video of 7-1 at GT? (Nasty downhill part)

Had a ball yesterday at GT.  Pretty much had the park to ourselves.  We rode the flume, rock lobster, 5-3 and then out to Slate Mountain and down 7-1.

I had ridden parts of 7 but 7-1 was an eye opener.  Nasty sucker!  I didn't have a GoPro but sure wish I did.  Anyone have good video of that section?  I've only seen one video of 7-1 online but I don't think it has that bad downhill part in it.

We made the left at the red "extreme danger" 7-1 sign but you could go straight at that intersection too.  Does that dead end or is it another route down the mountain.

Anyway, fun ride and a great challenge.  Not sure if wanna try going up that thing!  Flume and Rock Lobster are fun but I think 7-1 is way harder, no?

IMG_1440.JPG

IMG_1444.JPG

IMG_1446.JPG

That one section on 7-1 is by far the hardest legal spot at GT. Going up can be done but it's not easy. Flume is a really easy trail except for the one face section with the edge and even that's easy but the edge is kind of scary. They've cut the tree that made you lean over while climbing it though so it's much easier than years past. Rock Lobster is just an old rugged jeep trail, I wouldn't really consider it challenging when compared to some other riding areas around here. There's a line worked in on 7-1 where people have sort of criss-crossed up the hill instead of going up the ledge face. I used to have a video of it from my gopro, i'll see if I can find it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, the Riddler. said:

7-1 is a simple uphill imo

Just requires good line choice and momentum, but if you do stop it's easy to get started again because of the endless amount of traçtion

Everything is a simple "uphill" to you. But that's not Mango Tango hill.

Its the deep abyss surprise mud holes that challenge you. I can attest! 

We need to go to GT so you can show me how simple it is. I've got another hill for you after that one if its too easy. 

9 minutes ago, the Riddler. said:

From a hundred to on my helmet in less than a second!

Was all fun and games once I knew you were still breathing. When we live to tell the tale and can walk away from it, it was a good day.

I know the feeling of the surprise as well.....

15593.png

• Like 4

That section is kick @ss!

IMG_1440.JPG

Get it on the power band & just motor straight up!  No traction worries!;)

The most important thing in communication is to hear what isn’t being said" ~ Peter Druker

I did full a 360 degree endo comin down that dang trail in the 2006 ninety two 92 firkin mile Fools goal Enduro

7 hours ago, tapeleg said:

We need to go to GT so you can show me how simple it is. I've got another hill for you after that one if its too easy. 

That's easy work, Dirk couldn't believe I could go up it so easily either. It's a mental block for people.

Hell you've doubted me too at the top of lovers.. I told you I can go up it

Edited by the Riddler.
  • Like 1

A long, long time ago a very wise and much older rider once told me.... "Gravity is your friend, keep your weight back, a level head and it will do all the work".

He was right. Once your ass puckered and on the tank, the vulchars will be fighting over your spare parts strewn all over Gods creation. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, the Riddler. said:

That's easy work, Dirk couldn't believe I could go up it so easily either. It's a mental block for people.

Hill climbs...... I have that block. Its best served with a side order if cow shit. Most people fear the decline, I struggle with the climb. I blame air pressure. :smirk:

Edited by Mongo134

21 hours ago, the Riddler. said:

Lovers and the other trail going up are not that real bad - just long.  Hell - the 650L went up it, in the snow.

• Like 1

If you are ever feeling cocky - I have someone for you to ride with......

BMW HP2 on the Hangtown Pro track.  The second photo is the flaggers head on a double.

This guy hands me my a$$ all the time.  If you can ride Forest Hill trail 6 in under an hour on a BMW HP2, I'll set you up on a ride you will never forget.  I know I still have nightmares about his rides.

94376960-M.jpg

94389116-M.jpg

• Like 5

loop 6 under an hour is the A rider mark. but on a HP 2? whoa!!

I did it in 3 hours on a DRZ S. That is the C rider mark :)

1 hour ago, the Riddler. said:

Not talking about lovers, but the other one, and I agree.. but I was told it's a down hill only :lol:

Both are uphill, the non-lovers one being easier.  They are great trails!

Still not the one we are talking about, I don't want to get into it on here though but if we ever ride that area with you I would be happy to show you. The hill in question can be done, but I had only seen veerkamp make it up the thing. When I tried it I was digging deep in the silt and struggling to make it very far. In good conditions I'm confident I could do it, just like to challenge Kyle. His ego needs coddling

• Like 3