Pressure washer

I have a pressure washer for the sole purpose of washing my bike. 

Before this year, I used to own a few road bikes and the basic Karcher at 2000 psi did the job but it sure isn't on my dirt bike. 

Since I don't have a use for very powerful one, I'm wondering if a 2700 psi gas-powered washer would be a good choice. 

If all you are going to use it for is washing vehicles then electric is the way to go. Cheaper, quieter, not too powerful so you don't have to be as careful.

If you want to be able to clean your driveway or knock old paint off a fence before reprinting then you need a gas one.

• Like 1

Spraying the bike down for a 15 minute pre-soak with a good cleaner (I use Spray Nine) makes all the difference.

Half the dirt and mud practically falls off even before you hit it with water.

I have a 1600psi electric pressure washer and it's plenty,

care must still be taken around wheels, linkage etc. not to push in dirt or water past the seals.

A pressure washer alone will never be a thorough as a wash mitt, bucket of hot soapy water and lots of elbow grease.

Edited by mlatour
  • Like 1

I have a commercial gas Honda Pressure Washer, 3600psi...Bought it years ago for a work related project and just kinda adapted it to my home now. There is no better way to do things than with a power gas unit. I pressure wash shit just to pressure wash shit... It's loud but has never let me down a single time in the last 8yrs. I think I've only changed the oil once too... 

8 minutes ago, Monk said:

I have a commercial gas Honda Pressure Washer, 3600psi...Bought it years ago for a work related project and just kinda adapted it to my home now. There is no better way to do things than with a power gas unit. I pressure wash shit just to pressure wash shit... It's loud but has never let me down a single time in the last 8yrs. I think I've only changed the oil once too... 

You get what you pay for, if you have the dough, buy a nice one.

With that said, I have a pressure washer, rarely use it.  I only do a full tear down once a year, that's too many washes, and regardless of how careful I am, water always gets where I don't want it to.  My bearings and seals last a long time.  Soapy water, and a bucket for me, unless I ride in muddy clay.  If I tore down my bike more frequently, I'd pressure wash the shit out of it, riding season is too short here to be constantly tearing it down.

Edited by poldies4

I just ride to the carwash. :excuseme:
i-jSbKcZj-L.jpg

I knew I wasn't the only one!

Can't tell you how many weird/surprised/dirty looks I get from people when they see my bike unloaded and being washed down. It's quite comical.