Relatively Bulletproof LED Turn Signals

Hey All,

Wanna get some relatively bulletproof LED turn signals that are bright and really flexible?  They are a bit pricey, but how much does it cost to replace conventional signals each time you have a decent off road ride like I almost always had to do before I bought these: http://extremedualsport.com/

Also, for those of us with a weaker stator--who don't want to chance a re-wind--these LEDs use/require very little power.  I understand they are not DOT-rated, but they have worked great for me for more than 5 years!

extremedualsportledlites.jpg

Edited by BSAVictor
  • Like 1

I've had a set of the originals on one of my XT's I built about 3.5 years ago ,just before they closed down, they're still working good , even had the bike tip over on concrete right on top of the left rear , bent the Yamaha bracket that it was mounted to but the light only suffered a scuff .  I have another set from the new owner now but haven't mounted them yet .

• Like 1

I really like that the current owner took over and revived production and selling of the Tuff Lites.  Great for us consumers of this product niche.  Great entrepreneurial story.  Great American story!

• Like 1

The only thing I was telling the new owner when he was asking on another forum about what changes we would like , many did prefer brighter LED's , they aren't bad , but can be a little brighter. I suggested he put the LED's in a random pattern with some angled 5-10 degrees up/down and side to side . I've noticed most LED's are brightest when looking straight on to the bulb , when all the LEDS are pointed the same, as these are, they are brightest only at a small window going out. If all the LED's were slightly off from each other it would help widen that window vastly . On my bikes I have installed several yellow(front)  and red(rear) individual "dot" LED emitters , hooked to the signal light, in various spots on each side of the bike and in the rear that are angled different so when I turn a signal on, the normal turn signal go on but also 2 or 3 of those Dot LEDs  to enhance the side I'm turning . I've noticed a difference in how other drivers are now obviously seeing my signals better, not many are turning in front of me or that starting then suddenly stopping when they finally see my signals. Used to have close calls about 1 per month but now haven't in a year or more.  I also added several dots to the brake light , like at the bottom of the licence plate .

Edited by jjktmrider
  • Like 1

Yeah, I guess my use spectrum for the Tuff Lites just as they are is pretty narrow---for the rear signals on my converted dirt bike---mostly to connect rough trails by way of fairly short pavement stretches.  My usual trails are very hard on rear signals---tight fits through brush and close corners around stone, etc. 

Sounds like your suggestions to him for expanding the appeal of his product are good!

Edited by BSAVictor
oops, "expanding", not "expending"