Jump to content

Will Jake make A1?

Recommended Posts

Sounds like it was bad, hope he can make it but...

 

After all the serious injuries he's had over the years maybe it's time to give up on racing, I've read that he is an excellent test rider, and good at bike setup, might be a safer direction for him.  

 

Heal up fast JW!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah he's not a young buck anymore. Interesting he crashed at Milestone, seems quite common. Wondering if he was testing for SX or still doing some MX?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, poldies4 said:

Sounds like it was bad, hope he can make it but...

After all the serious injuries he's had over the years maybe it's time to give up on racing, I've read that he is an excellent test rider, and good at bike setup, might be a safer direction for him.  

Heal up fast JW!!

I don't think he was a title contender, but was hired for his set up expertise.  Letting him heal fully, however long it takes is the right thing to do.

Waiting for the conspiracy theories... This is the second left arm busted up on the new Honda.

Will the AMA ever require more protective gear?  Sure, this was testing, but if you have to race with a chest protector, you're more likely to wear it full time.

Best wishes to Jake for a full and speedy recovery 

Edited by Kev_XR
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Kev_XR said:

I don't think he was a title contender, but was hired for his set up expertise.  Letting him heal fully, however long it takes is the right thing to do.

Waiting for the conspiracy theories... This is the second left arm busted up on the new Honda.

Will the AMA ever require more protective gear?  Sure, this was testing, but if you have to race with a chest protector, you're more likely to wear it full time.

Best wishes to Jake for a full and speedy recovery 

I had the same thought about the Honda, but figured I'd leave it to the conspiracy theorists... 

5 minutes ago, ossidog said:

Barcia took his ride 

For real?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I don't think he was a title contender, but was hired for his set up expertise.  Letting him heal fully, however long it takes is the right thing to do.
Waiting for the conspiracy theories... This is the second left arm busted up on the new Honda.
Will the AMA ever require more protective gear?  Sure, this was testing, but if you have to race with a chest protector, you're more likely to wear it full time.
Best wishes to Jake for a full and speedy recovery 


What protective gear could they require? Wound a chest protector have helped Jake anyway? I don't think there is any protective stuff that would help a lot in most of the "bad" crashes.

These are not broke high school kids that can't afford gear. If there was something proven to help them have a longer more successful career don't you think they would wear it without being forced?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, pre-mixed said:

 


What protective gear could they require? Wound a chest protector have helped Jake anyway? I don't think there is any protective stuff that would help a lot in most of the "bad" crashes.

These are not broke high school kids that can't afford gear. If there was something proven to help them have a longer more successful career don't you think they would wear it without being forced?

 

There have been a few punctured lungs.  Any upper body protection might help when a motorcycle lands on a rider in Supercross. Due to the weight, restriction and mainly heat build up, few will race with them unless everyone has to wear them.

Wrist braces have come a long ways.  This will be a voluntary bit of protective hardware for now.  It will be interesting to see if KR wears one.  One issue, is it still is a weakest link issue.  Protect the wrist, there might be a increase in broken hands and arms.  I do wonder how many femur breaks are at the upper strap of knee braces.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alpinestar are developing a airbag body armour

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm wondering if Jake will decide to retire.  I'm sure it will depend on how his body heals.  Not just how quickly it heals, but if things fully heal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think time to retire. 

 

http://racerxonline.com/2017/09/17/report-jake-weimer-injured-in-practice-crash

 

(Spokane, Wash) - MotoConcepts Racing (MCR) rider Jake Weimer suffered multiple injuries following a crash that occurred this past Friday while practicing at Milestone MX Park for the upcoming Supercross season. 

Weimer’s injuries consist of one collapsed lung and one bruised lung, a broken rib, fractured elbow, broken scapula along with a small bone break in his right hand. While initial recovery was uncertain and not favorable, doctors have indicated a recovery prognosis of 6-8 weeks allowing Jake the opportunity to return to riding in late 2017 with the potential of racing as early as January, 2018. 

“Our group is saddened for Jake’s situation as he was really gelling with the bike which was resulting in significant improvement in his speed,” said MCR Team Manager, Tony Alessi. “I’m relieved the injuries weren’t more severe and I’m optimistic we’ll see Jake back on the bike soon. All of us at MCR are saddened by this turn of events and are committed to providing the necessary support to get Jake ready to compete in 2018.”

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like longer than 6-8 weeks to me but I'm no expert

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never really broke too many bones for all the crazy wfo crashes I've had. I think chest protector like the full size flash jak I wear now would stop quite a few injuries. What's to say if I or anyone else who is reccomending be wrong? I don't see guys wearing anything similar so how would anyone know? I really think it's a stupid conversation until it's a proven fact that a professional racer can't wear one with any good result. And if it is practice, why the heck not? Don't you want some extra heat conditioning if it's so much hotter. Wouldn't you want the aggravation of wearing something then come race day your free of it ready to unleash from what's been holding you back all week?

Mike larracco wore one under his jersey for sponsors. If sponsors are paying guys to race wouldn't they want them out racing instead of on a couch? Maybe an emphasis on the rider promoting the sponsors before the race and after at the podium help the situation of a sponsor not wanting the rider to cover up the Jersey? I think this is a problem that only gets addressed when guys lose their life. The neck brace was a big one at one point. Imo this is much easier to fix than anything but money and style seem to be what holds it back from happening

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×