Where to practice/ride MX bikes in Northern IL/Southern WI??

We already go to Rocky Glen in Rockford.  And will probably race the woodstock KTM series in woodstock and lake co.  But what about practices or public places to ride at??  There used to be a place in Carpentersville behind an elementary school called trailey or something?  Where else can we ride and not get shot or arrested??

There is something opening up in McHenry IL in the spring.  I am just getting started with my son and we have been to Rocky Glen which is a mud fest and another hour south to fox valley.  That is fun with tons of trails and 2 mx tracks

mendota illinois has an indoor track called megatrax.
theres muddy waters in hampton/rapids city illinois theres byron theres sunset ridge theres joliet mx there MAY be woodstock next year... 
all sorts of moto lol

mendota illinois has an indoor track called megatrax.
theres muddy waters in hampton/rapids city illinois theres byron theres sunset ridge theres joliet mx there MAY be woodstock next year... 
all sorts of moto lol

Is megatrax any good? Is it comparable to cedar lake arena in Wisconsin?

There is a natural sand track called Sandy oaks near Keithsburg, IL. They hold hair scrambles there a couple times a year but it usually rideable most of the winter because it is 100% sand. Great for training. Sand whoop everywhere. $5 to ride. Open everyday. Put money in a mailbox and go ride. I have rode with 3'' of snow of snow on the ground. 

Image018.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, iveyyam450f said:

There is a natural sand track called Sandy oaks near Keithsburg, IL. They hold hair scrambles there a couple times a year but it usually rideable most of the winter because it is 100% sand. Great for training. Sand whoop everywhere. $5 to ride. Open everyday. Put money in a mailbox and go ride. I have rode with 3'' of snow of snow on the ground. 

Image018.jpg

the burg is great especially with a little snow.
lost 40 lbs there one winter..

11 hours ago, Andyb756 said:

Is megatrax any good? Is it comparable to cedar lake arena in Wisconsin?

its a fun time if you're gonna go all day about a minute 15 to 2 minute track depending on your speed.  its tight and will make you focus on carrying your momentum and corner speed more than anything. 
usually about 15-20 degrees warmer in the riding area
its not cedar lake level but its still a work in progress with big hopes and goals 

17 hours ago, Theeebalz said:

theres also if you wanna ride some tough woods hansens hallow right across the river little west of clinton iowa 10 bucks a day 500 ish acres of woods cliffs and rolling hills 

I'm going to have to check this out. I don't live too terribly far from Clinton. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, downonmonday said:

I'm going to have to check this out. I don't live too terribly far from Clinton. 

its best in early spring late fall before all the weeds are up on the side hills. the side hills are my favorite to ride. the main trails are fun but the hard stuff is all side hills. 

• Like 1