Vital MX's 2018 450 shootout

Suprised to see that either the KTM or Husky wasn't on top but everything else seemed pretty normal. Ultimately when you look at the Japanese models, they all have something really good and than something bad about them...I personally hoped the Zuk would do better but I'm not suprised it didn't... 

I was surprised by the HP figures. Having spent a day riding the 2018 YZ450F I would never of thought the power would of been the weakest of the bunch.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PR Young said:

I was surprised by the HP figures. Having spent a day riding the 2018 YZ450F I would never of thought the power would of been the weakest of the bunch.

I wouldn't be too concerned.  Same basic design since 14 which dynoed at 58.  It seams each year they have mapped it for better power instead of more.  You should be able to dial up whatever make you happy with the tuning app.

On 9/22/2017 at 9:33 AM, Decreasing Dave said:

Damn.....fourth place though....

For a new, completely redesigned bike, I was hoping that they would fair a bit better than that.

Dave

.....but actually, they won........if you consider that the other bikes will need $1500 in suspension tuning, have tiny cramped ergos, cannot be short shifted, and will be completely wornout and nearly worthless at 100 hours....

• Like 4

Was surprising to see yz in 4th place !? Maybe honda is the best for2018 , but why yz after husky and KTM !?

.....but actually, they won........if you consider that the other bikes will need $1500 in suspension tuning, have tiny cramped ergos, cannot be short shifted, and will be completely wornout and nearly worthless at 100 hours....

OMG every post i look at it remind me how good yamaha is .... i need to buy a YZ again ....

On 9/23/2017 at 4:55 PM, THE KRAN said:

Lol, says the guy who keeps buying KTMs... 

• Like 1