Alpine Moto Park - PA

This project has taken an interesting turn. I believe the new owners of the property are Jim and Linda Schlier...ie. towing/Harley dealer. Not sure what their plans are for the area. Hopefully reopen as a ski area for the winter. I never had much faith in the original plan put forth by the previous owners and the boys from Lost Trails. Alpine mountain is pretty intertwined with the Timber Hill development. No way, no way were the residents going to deal with the noise. A couple years back the mountain attempted a sled race in the winter only to have it shut down due to noise. Not to mention that the direct access to the area crosses a bridge over the Broadhead Creek which is in need of a replacement. The only other way in is straight through Timber Hill. Now the Schliers are some creative folks with a good business mind but I just don't see them investing to much in something that will be a potential problem and lost investment. Now I could see the future leaning towards down hill MTB. 

http://www.wfmz.com/news/poconos-coal/alpine-mountain-ski-area-sold/519078207

Edited by poconovfr

Seems kind of small at 97 acres to really have a huge riding area. Looks like they got one hell of a deal on the property. I hope they do open something for off road riding there. Can never have too many places to ride!